Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Observer ( )
Date: December 16, 2012 11:10PM

About 5 or maybe more years ago, in the salt lake area, we all members received a dvd with "the restoration" movie tha came out then. At the same time there where anti-mormons that made a video against the first vision.
It was such deal that the local wards read a letter in sacrament meeting requesting the members not to receive the propaganda but I never saw that dvd coming to my door.
Does anyone around here remember that?, what was the dvd about? Would like to see what is the dvd about so to make the bishops and stake pres shake. Also, who made them?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Cynthia ( )
Date: December 16, 2012 11:39PM

I remember this. A friend of mine had one left on her doorstep, she threw it out as directed. The dvd was done by a christian group so it had their slant. I remember watching segments of this on you-tube and later found out it the same as the dvd. What I remember is the information discussed the historical events but I don't remember much else. I do remember it was presented by "normal" people, not crazed anti mormons as the church led me to believe.

Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: December 16, 2012 11:46PM

I do remember back then when there was a DVD being circulated. I don't remember the name of it or who made it.

I think I actually got one of the "anti-Mormon" videos in my mail that the Christians in the town were distributing. This was in Idaho about 5 years ago.

We talked about it a bit here at the time.

All I remember about it (if it is the one you mean) is that at the end went off pushing the "correct" Jesus. That's when it lost credibility because Mormons get to make up their version just like everyone else.

Born again Christian views will not usually make bishops and stake presidents shake. Mormons have responses to everything. They honestly think other Christians only have part of the truth, and Mormonism provides more.

It's hard to convince a Mormon that his made up stuff is wrong but other made up stuff is is correct. They ultimately use the same evidence: feelings and faith.

Posted by: Watcher ( )
Date: December 17, 2012 12:38AM

It's on YouTube. You can watch it here:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=u6TUpblOheI

Or search YouTube for - "Jesus vs. Joseph Smith".

Enjoy!

Posted by: sillysally ( )
Date: December 18, 2012 08:19PM

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.