Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: SoCalNevermo ( )
Date: December 19, 2012 10:15AM

Posted by: swiper ( )
Date: December 19, 2012 10:22AM

Now I feel stupid for booking a flight on the 23rd. I should have used the money on loose women and booze instead.

Posted by: Makurosu ( )
Date: December 19, 2012 10:23AM

LOL! I suspect there will be an explanation for why this coworker never believed any such thing when he or she returns. :-)

Posted by: squeebee ( )
Date: December 19, 2012 10:23AM

Oddly enough I was going to take a flight on Friday but all flights are sold out, so much for a widespread fear.

Of course, it could be sold out because everyone wants to watch the end of the world from the air...

Posted by: They don't want me back ( )
Date: December 19, 2012 10:51AM

all the usual with a big fat side of nothing special -- sigh of relief?

Praise be to Allah err God, oh well, whoever’s in charge up there. Aliens maybe?

Posted by: Stray Mutt ( )
Date: December 19, 2012 11:22AM

It had one of the simplest explanations why there's no need to worry about the end of the world this Friday. The Mayan calendar is cyclical, like your car's odometer. The car doesn't cease to exist just because it rolls over to all zeros again. (Of course, I've had bad cars that fell apart before 100,000 miles, but that's a different issue.)

I think a good portion of the Mayapocalypse believers actually want the world to end. Because they're tired and fed up with life. Or because they're vengeful @ssholes who want to see others suffer, even if it means their own death. And, naturally, there are those who see it fitting in with their Christian end-of-the-world mythology. Whee! Jesus is coming!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/19/2012 11:22AM by Stray Mutt.

Posted by: Jonny the Smoke ( )
Date: December 19, 2012 11:55AM

I think I will do that too......just in case there is a beer or two in my frige that is loney and would like to be held and pressed to my lips.

Posted by: wondering ( )
Date: December 19, 2012 12:05PM

If you are going to go, best be home and drunk when it happens.

I am not paying my bills until Sunday or Monday.....just in case.

Posted by: Jobim ( )
Date: December 19, 2012 12:13PM

Here in Brazil there are ads for "end of the world" deals everywhere; they usually say something like "if the world ends you don't have to pay, or else, start paying in January". Is it happening in the US as well?

I haven't seen anyone really bothering about this over here; xmas shopping is full throttle ahead.

Posted by: WinksWinks ( )
Date: December 19, 2012 12:14PM

I have Friday off as usual. But something IS going to happen on Friday... The NRA is making some kind of announcement. And it could certainly be horrible, hard to say.

Posted by: FormerLatterClimber ( )
Date: December 19, 2012 12:25PM

Attention everyone who believes the world is ending on Friday :

Don't worry about your belongings. I'll take your stuff. :-D

Posted by: David A ( )
Date: December 19, 2012 02:11PM

Will somebody please explain to me why some people believe that this ancient stone building civilization might know more than we do now about anything?

Posted by: nomincrisis ( )
Date: December 19, 2012 02:15PM

Geez, Friday is my last day of work before the holidays. Maybe I should call in sick. LOL

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: December 19, 2012 06:59PM

I plan on having several cocktails with my never-mo son and pay zero attention to this Mayan Calendar bull$hit...

Ron Burr

Posted by: Greyfort ( )
Date: December 19, 2012 07:41PM

Ha ha ha! Seriously?

Posted by: Joycee ( )
Date: December 19, 2012 08:08PM

If "something happens" we'll all be taking Friday off, and every other day after that, LMAO! I really don't get the point to your coworkers logic at all.

Posted by: Mia ( )
Date: December 19, 2012 08:25PM

I'm going to be driving along highway 101. If its the end of the world, i'll be one of the first to go.

My reasoning being that the ocean will be doing all kinds of crazy things when the world ends. Anyone close to shore will be some of the first to go.

I don't understand people who would want to live through that kind of chaos. What's the point? Camping and scrounging for the rest of my life doesn't sound like any fun. I would prefer to go out while things are good.

I should be in Vegas on the 22nd or 23rd. What do you suppose Vegas might be like if the world ends?

Posted by: John_Lyle ( )
Date: December 20, 2012 07:20PM

Read Stephen King's the Stand.

It won't be the best place on earth when civilization as we know it it ENDS...

The three part mini-series "The Stand" is on Netflix, too. If you feel like having an 'end of the world as we know it' party.

They are having an 'end of the world' party at one of the local bars. Taking cash only. Why? It won't be worth anything tomorrow, anyway...

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.