Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: John_Lyle ( )
Date: December 20, 2012 08:08PM

I am getting really tired of this...

As some of you know, I was in a severe motor vehicle accident last month. Spinal fractures, etc.

As some patients, do, when I got to the hospital, I kind of fixated on one pain, in this case in my right wrist.

They took several, half-assed x-rays, and told me I must be imagining things because there was nothing wrong with it.

When I got back home, I went to my doc and got a splint, which I've been wearing since then. Then, two nights ago, I woke up with a severe pain in my wrist, it was swollen and I couldn't move it...

I had it x-rayed today. My ulnar styloid (a bone in the wrist/ulna) is fractured. In two places. I could see it on the x-ray 3 feet away. Because it wasn't treated in a timely manner, I may have damaged the cartilage in my wrist. I am waiting to hear back from the radiologist to find out if I have to have surgery...

I am so frustrated. I have never encountered such incompetence in a hospital and staff. My doctor should be operating on muppets. His PA needs a seeing eye dog if they couldn't see this fracture.

I've worked in hospitals from CA/OR to the Rockies. I've never experienced such bad care... If I worked there, I'd quit in embarrassment.

Plus, after the long 'investigation' I got all my belongings back from the hospital, except for $50 cash and two specialty knives I was carrying, worth about $50 each... They could find the cut up pants. They could find the belt the knives were on. They could give me back the belt. the Diablo sterling silver buckle and my wallet with some of the stuff still in it, but the $50 disappeared and so did these two knives...

I guess I was lucky, the belt buckle and the stuff I got back in my wallet were worth about 5x what the money and knives were worth...

End rant. Sorry

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/20/2012 08:10PM by John_Lyle.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: mindlight ( )
Date: December 20, 2012 08:21PM

damn

I appreciate the rant, I really do. I have had my share of poor care. You had such a bad accident, dang ... they should of caught that though. They should of.
And ripped off of things too.

You have every right...

ty for sharing

Posted by: WinksWinks ( )
Date: December 20, 2012 08:23PM

Theft AND missed fractures??? I hate this sue-happy culture, but maybe you should think about talking to somebody professional about this?

I hope the rest of your injuries are healing as well as can be expected.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/20/2012 08:24PM by WinksWinks.

Posted by: frogdogs ( )
Date: December 20, 2012 08:55PM

Rant away. Situations like yours call for long, profanity-laden diatribes. You're showing remarkable restraint given the hell you've already been put through.

Theft is one thing, but the subpar standard of care you've received is quite another and has put you at needless risk.

I'm like WinksWinks - I get tired of everyone suing everyone for the slightest insult or imagined harm, but in your case it seems a no-brainer: because of their incompetence, you are facing a surgery that might have been avoided or at the very least completed with less added complications to your health if they'd done their job in the first place.

At the very least you should be compensated for the costs of the surgery. I'm sure you've already had to cope with enough medical bills to last a lifetime. They should pay for this one.

Sending the very best vibes for continued healing, effective pain control, and finding a good lawyer.

Posted by: John_Lyle ( )
Date: December 21, 2012 10:59AM

Good news!

The radiologist said no surgery!

I have to go into the doc's office and get it casted later on this morning!

I don't think I could stand another day in that hospital without them killing me... LOL

Thanks for everyone's support!

Posted by: stbleaving ( )
Date: December 21, 2012 11:05AM

That's great news for your wallet, your health and your sanity! Like others have said, though, I also think you might want to talk to a lawyer re the theft and malpractice. At the very least, a strongly worded letter to the hospital's CEO and chief of staff would not be amiss.

Posted by: frogdogs ( )
Date: December 21, 2012 11:05AM

What a relief! Avoiding surgery is always good news :-)

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.