Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: utahmonomore ( )
Date: January 07, 2011 03:09PM

How many of you are feeling ill today, but feel better when you log onto this site? I know I do!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/07/2011 03:10PM by utahmonomore.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Heltz ( )
Date: January 07, 2011 07:04PM

It's Day 11 since surgery. I've got to start feeling better soon. Dr said this surgery was tough on adults and it might take 21 days to start feeling better.

Posted by: lostinutah ( )
Date: January 07, 2011 07:55PM

My brother has bronchitis, but he doesn't know about this site. I guess I should send the link to him to make him feel better.

Posted by: CA girl ( )
Date: January 07, 2011 07:59PM

I went back to the doctor today and he gave me a different antibiotic and prednisone for my lungs. Plus, since I have asthma, I have an inhaler going. I'm sooooo tired of being sick, which I have been pretty much since New Year's Eve. When the board was closed for first Sunday, I almost died of boredom but thankfully I had my Kindle and Facebook to keep me sane.

I'll probably post a lot the next couple of days.

Posted by: Rubicon ( )
Date: January 08, 2011 02:27AM

I almost died from severe bronchitis. I was coughing so much and so hard, it ripped open the bottom of my tongue and I was spitting out blood. It was just nasty.

The doctor put me on a nebulizer and I had an inhaler but what also really helped was sucking on horehound candy. Recola cough drops work pretty good too since they have horehound in them.

I also tried Popcorn Sutton's recipe for camphor. He used his 180 proof moonshine but us just got a bottle of Everclear. You put your horehound candy, a dash of black pepper, lemon juice, and some honey into a bottle with the Everclear and shake it. Let it all desolve into the liquor. It beats the hell out of any cough syrup you get at the pharmacy.

Posted by: anniefannie07214 ( )
Date: January 30, 2012 12:58AM

what percentage of wiskey, honey and lemon juice do you use for cough medicine?

Posted by: honestone ( )
Date: January 08, 2011 04:14AM

Whatever is going around is horrible and I don't wish it on anyone. I had early bronchitis, had to have a breathing treatment, completely lost my voice for three days too. My antibiotic took forever to work.....felt a lot better for a wk and now have a runny nose, headaches, a little coughing, etc. again.It is like it is beginning all over.Get well everyone. I feel for ya.

Posted by: Cristina ( )
Date: January 08, 2011 04:18AM

Posted by: forestpal ( )
Date: January 08, 2011 04:48AM

Yes, it does come back! It came back on me, my daughter, and a friend of mine, too. You think you are getting better, and it slams you all over again. I have had this for a month. It feels like I'm trying to breathe under water.

Steam helps, and Vick's Nyquil. At work, I carry a bottle Robitussin in my pocket, and it is the only thing that will stop a coughing fit. I'm sure it looks weird when I take out that little bottle and take a swig.

There is bad smog in SLC, which makes it worse.

Yes, I love lurking at RFM at 2:30 AM, without having to worry about giving this to anyone. Sometimes I cough until dawn. I'm so glad it is the weekend, so I can stay in bed.

Posted by: utahmonomore ( )
Date: January 08, 2011 06:46AM

Yep, I do remember all the inversions and smog in SLC. I still cant believe I was breathing all that yucky air! Hope everyone here gets to feeling better.

Posted by: Suckafoo ( )
Date: January 08, 2011 08:15AM

I've had chest congestion for Over a month

Posted by: loveskids ( )
Date: January 08, 2011 05:32PM

Everyone get better soon! I think you all just need a blessing.

Posted by: honestone ( )
Date: January 08, 2011 05:36PM

Hey, that is what they told my convert daughter as she and her hubby were about ready to go through a bankrupcy. IT DIDN'T WORK. Surprise, surprise.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.