Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Facsimile 3 ( )
Date: January 10, 2013 10:51PM

It looks like one of our Amazon comments ruffled someone's feathers. Better yet, this "JOSH" is apparently a disciple of Rodney Meldrum.

http://www.amazon.com/review/R2YVJQU6NCGQHB/ref=cm_cr_dp_cmt?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B00276AD3O&nodeID=283155&store=books#wasThisHelpful

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: jong1064 ( )
Date: January 10, 2013 11:50PM

Are you Matthew? That response to Josh was excellent.

Posted by: exdrymo ( )
Date: January 11, 2013 12:13AM

customers don't think Josh's comment adds to the discussion. ya!

Posted by: forbiddencokedrinker ( )
Date: January 11, 2013 12:32AM

Have any of them responded to the comments we made of that pin of the guy masturbating?

Posted by: jackjoseph ( )
Date: January 11, 2013 12:46AM

Ugg. Thanks for making me angry.

> "As for your dates of metals and crops being inconsistent with science today???? really???? first of all your statement makes no sense at all if you're trying to prove a point."

Actually, that real statement that makes no sense is the one you just made.

> "For the most part though, as I read your thoughts I notice that you are regurgitating someone else's thoughts and you really don't have a clue what you are talking about."

Josh, josh josh. Do you really not see your own hypocrisy? Matthew's review sounded very educated and intelligent to me. You seem to be the real one regurgitating somebody else's claims (from bookofmormonevidence.org -- a truly unbiased site if I ever heard of one :/ ).

> "you just have a bunch bounced around thoughts with no references or organization."

Again, glad you DID include a reputable reference: bookofmormonevidence.org ... And his post is much more organized than yours.

> "You are referring to the part of the book that predates the book of Mormon and right in the middle of it you jump to the beginning and then your back in the predates again."

Wait, I don't follow. How can you jump to a part of the Book of Mormon that predates the Book of Mormon? I am very confused. Also, does one have to mention parts of the book in order (relative to how the appear in the text) during their review?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/11/2013 01:02AM by jackjoseph.

Posted by: Carrots Tomatoes and Radishes ( )
Date: January 11, 2013 01:25AM

Oh, how the stupidity of people can render one speechless :/

Posted by: michaelm (not logged in) ( )
Date: January 11, 2013 06:17AM

Josh said "If you test the DNA of South America the DNA doesn't match. If you test the DNA of North America it does."

What does he think? That people in North America are from the Middle East during Bible times and people from South America are from Asia before Adam and Eve?

It is impossible to reason with people like Josh.

Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: January 11, 2013 09:29AM

Hey, one of my comments is in there!

I've had Peterson personally take time out to answer two of my comments to newspapers. I freakin' love it when I get the attention of one of those guys!

and edited for further comment: I believe that this helps indicate why we, as former members and dissidents, have to keep the pressure on and use every chance we get to comment on Amazon, in newspapers, on YouTube, and in any public on-line forum.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/11/2013 09:30AM by cludgie.

Posted by: amos2 ( )
Date: January 11, 2013 10:19AM

His rant is readily refutable.
He refers solely to a single source, a tabloid website defending the Book of Mormon...including SELLING propaganda media.
He might even be associated with that website. I emailed that website once to complain about an error...and I got back an angry rant like this.

His claims are not only wrong, they don't make sense.

He says that "North American DNA" "matches", but "South American DNA" doesn't.
Match what?

But his use of idiomaticism like "you don't know what you're talking about" is most telling. He's just ranting about something he's emotionally dependent on, and sees critics as inherently bad and malicious people who he is free to be rude to.

Posted by: jackjoseph ( )
Date: January 11, 2013 10:51AM

> He's just ranting about something he's emotionally dependent on

^^^ Well said!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.