Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Just browsing ( )
Date: January 11, 2013 01:55AM

In a land far away, a young girl (24) who was a drug addict and was sleeping on the streets when not with men, decided she would be dead in 6 months if she carried on like this.

She made the attempt to turn her life around. In approx 8 months, she kicked the habit, ditched her low life scumbag friends. She got a steady job and started back to school. She remembered she had been baptized Mormon at 8, but left the church by the time she was 15. She thought it would be great to get some religious guidance and spiritual direction, as well as being involved with a good social community, to help her continue her journey back to respectability.

One sunday she went to the local chapel to see the bishop.. She was all dressed up and "cleaned up" good.

On duty was Bishop Idiot-Brains -- Who noticed her standing in the foyer before meeting. When he was informed that this girl was wanting an interview, he told the executive secretary that he would not talk to her until she had removed **TWO OF HER EARINGS**

Here was someone who desperately wanted to be reactivated, and perhaps somewhat NEEDED it, but was shown the door by sheer incompetancy. You have just got to wonder sometimes.

JB

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Greg ( )
Date: January 11, 2013 01:58AM

So sad how judgmental they can be sometimes.

On the other hand, it's probably a good thing in this case. After dealing with the Morg, who knows, she might end up back on the streets!

If she could turn her life around like that, it's obvious she doesn't need their help anyway.

Posted by: Mia ( )
Date: January 11, 2013 02:01AM

Dear God,
I you exist, would you please strike this bishop dead? I know that's a lot to ask, but I think your creations need a break from idiots like him.

Thanks, Mia

Posted by: Soft Machine ( )
Date: January 11, 2013 04:27AM

Posted by: albertasaurus ( )
Date: January 11, 2013 08:16AM

That bishop sounds like a real class act.

Posted by: satnam ( )
Date: January 11, 2013 08:28AM

A kid I went to HS with was mostly inactive by the end of HS. His family was mostly inactive all his life, but they encouraged the little kids to go to church. The kid showed up once near the end of HS and the 2nd counselor in the bishopric greeted him with a demand that he get a hair cut.

The kid died of an overdose in his 20s.

I was TBM at the time and I wanted to beat the man senseless.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.