Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Controlissues ( )
Date: January 14, 2013 02:07AM

Why was a picture of both the Pieta and the cross absolutely OUT at my non-Mormon brother's funeral which was held in a Mormon church???? What is up with the reaction (vampires would have done about the same) to both?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: caedmon ( )
Date: January 14, 2013 08:29AM

Why was your non-Mormon brother's funeral held in a Mormon chapel?

Mormons don't have crosses in or on their buildings. They don't wear them either. I suppose the Pieta is too Catholic (the Catholic church is held to be an abomination).

Sorry for your loss.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/14/2013 08:29AM by caedmon.

Posted by: tacotio ( )
Date: January 14, 2013 04:12PM

I suppose if you could have rustled it up a painting of the devil wearing a Masonic Apron in the Missouri Garden of Eden or some upsidedown pentagrams would have been just fine ! ( lacking that a fine reproduction of the Prophet Count Chocula Monson on the wall could have served to bring comfort and illicit sympathy.

Date: January 15, 2013 06:26AM

Hi to Caedmon - my non-Mirmon brother's funeral was held in a Mormon chapel because he had been raised a traditional Protestant but was not a member of a specific church when he was killed. We were trying to organize a funeral at a "regular" church - which he would have wanted - when I was asked to honestly say why I the Mormon church would not be okay. When I said he was (and it was true) more of a traditional Christian I was accused of maligning them, insulting them, disdaining them, etc. The only Mrmon of the siblings acted as if I was the worst person in the world (I had spoken very gently) and basically went nuts. We gave in to preserve the peace. (I feel we were railroaded and emotionally blackmailed. ) Even getting their way, they have cut us off.

PS thanks Tacotio. You made me smile.

Posted by: caedmon ( )
Date: January 15, 2013 10:37AM

Sorry, that your family got bullied especially at such a difficult moment.

Date: January 16, 2013 02:58AM

Thanks Caedmon.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.