Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: anona ( )
Date: January 14, 2013 05:41PM

Sunday sac meeting was the usual we aint good enough we got to do better and repent.Then it got all emotional as we heard from a
middle aged guy.Testiphier relates how his wife prayed for help
on snow removal on her front walks because hubby was overwhelmed
in church meetings during the last big snowjob and could not participate in clearing his own snow.
By pure miracle when she finished praying a she looked out to see
the neighbor hood sidewalk snowplower retired guy doing his usual rounds cleaning the sidewalks after every storm.
He has done it for years after every storm.. what makes this a faith promoting story relating to the tscc. I just don't get it.
Do they all have there heads in the snow?

The Church is TWOO

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: bezoar ( )
Date: January 14, 2013 05:45PM

We got close to 18 inches of snow over the weekend and my boyfriend did all of the shoveling!

My apostacy is TWOO!!

For some strange reason my boyfriend LOVES to shovel snow. He'll usually go out and shovel two or three times before the storm is even over. Nevertheless, the driveway got shoveled so my apostacy is true!!!

Posted by: Makurosu ( )
Date: January 14, 2013 05:51PM

omg.. he is a keeper! lol

Posted by: Vistere ( )
Date: January 14, 2013 05:51PM

Hey, what a coincidence. My sidewalks were plowed too, but by my No Mo neighbor. My Mo neighbor was too busy looking down on us.

Posted by: Don Bagley ( )
Date: January 14, 2013 07:21PM

Now if someone could clear the snow job of Mormonism...

Posted by: badseed ( )
Date: January 14, 2013 07:26PM

often gets cleared by an awesome exmo neighbor of mine. My front walk sometimes by my TBM neighbor across the street. The truth I get from this is sometimes people are are really nice and help each other out, regardless of their beliefs.

Posted by: Abigail ( )
Date: January 14, 2013 07:53PM

Last Thursday, I looked out the window to check the snow level and, lo and behold, the missionaries were clearing my driveway. I didn't say anything to them and let them do the job. However, it was still snowing and I had to go out and clear it again three hours later.

Posted by: saviorself ( )
Date: January 14, 2013 07:58PM

They knew I didn't attend the Mo church but they didn't know I was an exmo. I had an excellent snowblower machine and I routinely cleared the neighbor's walks. On snow days when I couldn't get out (such as when I was at work) they cleared my walks. It made for friendly neighbors to help each other.

Posted by: Sparty ( )
Date: January 14, 2013 08:35PM

My walk was NOT shoveled, causing the missionaries to slip on their way to my door. All I do is win.

(ok, I made that up, but seriously, bishops need to turn off the mic when people start getting ridiculous like that)

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.