Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: iflewover ( )
Date: January 14, 2013 07:24PM

Step back and take a hard look around the building and the meetings you attend. See if you can discern the real focus of The Brethren in these the last days.

Are they busy preparing for the imminent return of Jesus, Even the Christ? Or is it more about current affairs, political posturing, pushing for their pet projects, creating alliances...you know, a big time Survivor episode?

Return and report. Or better yet, think to yourself, "Is this what I really want to do? Voluntarily slave for a bunch of shysters?"

That is all.

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: January 15, 2013 01:55PM

Hmmm, no takers on the return and report challenge.

Well, hopefully they're all taking the "think" challenge instead.

Posted by: Carrots Tomatoes and Radishes ( )
Date: January 15, 2013 02:23PM

Are there a lot of currently active Mormons that come here?

Posted by: forbiddencokedrinker ( )
Date: January 15, 2013 02:25PM

Since they are forbidden from reading our stuff, unless assigned to monitor at the BYU computer labs, we probably only mostly get the rebellious ones who are close to getting pushed off the edge anyways.

Posted by: The Oncoming Storm - bc ( )
Date: January 15, 2013 03:54PM

I'd guess there are a number of fly bys that bump into the site and read a post or two then head out. Some of them are compelled to leave some kind of nasty-gram that usually gets deleted quite quickly.

I'm sure there are a few who read regularly and a number who are seriously doubting - but I'd be surprised if there are many twoo believers that frequent the site.

The was a guy who was a very subtle apologist that was post last fall. He didn't post much, never argued and usually only clarified with actual facts so he got away with it. I haven't seen him post for a couple months now.

Posted by: frankie ( )
Date: January 15, 2013 03:12PM

I wish I could go to a BYU computer lab and leave RFM as the homepage!!!!. Along with a hidden camera recording the TBMS reactions!!

Date: January 15, 2013 03:49PM

Excellent idea frankie. Doubting BYU students reading here: Please do this everytime you pass by the computer lab!

I travel quite a bit and one of my enjoyable pastimes is writing my testimony in the nightstand BoMs. I have started including exmormon.org and mormonthink.com as part of my testimony of the LDS religion being pure bunk.

Posted by: John_Lyle ( )
Date: January 15, 2013 05:30PM

Don't you think they would block us on the computers at YBU

Date: January 15, 2013 05:36PM

Not sure they even have a computer lab anymore in this day of wi-fi hotspots.

Zoo students? How do you access the 'nets on campus these days?

Is this site blocked?

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.