Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: forbiddencokedrinker ( )
Date: January 20, 2013 04:18AM

If Thomas S. Monson came to you and told you he had to have your fourteen year old daughter for a spiritual wife, and this included for sex, as of this evening, what would you do?

Now that is exactly what Joseph Smith was doing towards the end of his life. Still think he was a prophet?

BTW, I posted this before, almost a year ago, thought it was time to dust off the topic again.

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: January 20, 2013 04:20AM

My own answer, I don't have a daughter, but if I did, and if I loved her half as much as I love my son, and this happened, then I would have a perfectly valuable argument for why my gun needs a thirty round magazine.

Posted by: breedumyung ( )
Date: January 20, 2013 09:38AM

FCD:

My 5 ex-mo brothers and I found out recently that our eldest brother, who is still TBM, was molesting 2 of his 4 daughters when they were early teens.

This is one of the symptoms of this cult...

To answer your question:

One right between the eyes of ol Monsoon would do it

Breedum

Posted by: gladtobeme ( )
Date: January 20, 2013 09:57AM

I don't have any children, but even IMAGINING such a thing makes me ill.

Posted by: The Oncoming Storm - bc ( )
Date: January 20, 2013 10:12AM

This is a straw man argument. Everyone knows that if you resisted Joseph Smith would've just sent you away on a mission and taken her for his wife anyway ;)

Posted by: Bite Me ( )
Date: January 20, 2013 10:21AM

Only if he would promise me and the rest of my family that we would be guaranteed have a place eternally in the Celestial Kingdom.

Really?

Sick fucks.

Posted by: charles, formerly in charge ( )
Date: January 20, 2013 02:14PM

TBMs will tell you with a straight face that they'd be okay with that as long as God commands it. Wow, just freakin' wow. We've come this far in knowledge and technology and people are still doing what Lot (of the Bible) did with his daughters. Wow!

Posted by: robertb ( )
Date: January 20, 2013 02:49PM

Well, of course I'd ask for how many cows he was offering.

Posted by: Zeezromp ( )
Date: January 20, 2013 02:58PM

I doubt any member lurkers will answer this one.

Heber C Kimball effectively pimped his 14 year old daughter Helen off in return for some extra CK benefits. Then he himself looked to collect a few daughters for himself to marry from other members.

The whole thing is so sick and ridiculous and I doubt these men would have behaved that way without being conned and beguiled by Smith and his scammy MORmONISM.

Posted by: jesuswantsme4asucker ( )
Date: January 20, 2013 03:47PM

There is a scene at the end of the movie Django Unchained that clearly illustrates how I would handle this request. Its the scene where Jamie Foxx is hanging upside down and a plantation overseer is about to relieve him of his manhood.

Posted by: divorcedacrazymo ( )
Date: January 21, 2013 04:14PM

Hey, spoilers on Django Unchained! I have not seen it yet!!! ;)

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: January 21, 2013 02:58PM

I would have told him to f'k off........

Ron Burr

Posted by: mostcorrectedbook ( )
Date: January 21, 2013 03:01PM

I would tar and feather him.

Posted by: Makurosu ( )
Date: January 21, 2013 03:06PM

I'd say "No thank you" and shut the door.

Date: January 21, 2013 03:28PM

Now for a change up, what if he wanted your wife as his own, and told you it was God's will?

Now if it were my ex-wife, I might be open for negotiation.

Posted by: buddyjoe ( )
Date: January 21, 2013 03:30PM

Showing what kind of material I keep in my safe.
Texas style.

Posted by: mostcorrectedbook ( )
Date: January 21, 2013 04:01PM

Thought about calling the police too. But it's wiser to entertain and lead him on, and gather audio/video evidence first before incriminating.

Posted by: buddyjoe ( )
Date: January 21, 2013 03:43PM

Since this is a question for TBM lurkers, I guess they would feel honored. Just Guessing.

Posted by: kimball ( )
Date: January 21, 2013 03:45PM

I know some members of my family would do it, but then again we're descended from Heber C. HeresmyfourteenyearolddaughterHelenMar Kimball. I once asked a member of my family if he would kill my children if the prophet commanded him to, and he answered "I would cross that bridge when and if it came." Funny thing, there is precedent for that one in the Bible too. I gotta hand it to my family, though, they're not hypocrites in their beliefs.

Posted by: Paul Pierce ( )
Date: March 14, 2013 01:56AM

God would never command this, Therefore Thomas S. Monson being a prophet of god would never ask this. These what if questions are all there is. Wonder why? Because This is not a cult it is a Christian religion that believes the Book of Mormon to be true and the bible to be true as far as it is translated correctly. Before you criticize something maybe you should study the case file first. A.K.A read the Book of Mormon it will enlighten you every time you read it and you will kno it is true if u pray and ask just like Joseph smith did. In the bible it teaches people not to judge because we aren't perfect. Nobody is perfect. In Daniel it in Daniel 2:44-45 it states that a stone is cut out of the mountain and it rolled and consumed everything in its path. This stone is the LDS church and it's missionaries are conveying new people every day. It is my testimony that God speaks to us through prophets. Following the words of Thomas S. Monson, a true prophet of god, will help us be better in the sight of god bringing us close to his presence. You will be blessed emensly if you read the scriptures and pray about the truths they hold. If we listen to what god has to say and listen to his still small voice we can know the truth. I challenge anyone who reads this post, if you truly believe the church is evil go to LDS.org and read some of the talks that were given in past general conferences. If you want to go any further talk to a church leader in your area, talk to the missionaries. Also watch LDS general conference on April 7 on tv. With The Lord behind my words I humbly ask you to ponder the Book of Mormon.

Posted by: Anonymous User ( )
Date: March 14, 2013 02:05AM

Hahahaha boys and girls it looks like we just caught ourselves a lurker and it's a hell of a big one

Seriously though you completely avoided the question and told us to ponder the book of mormon

Guess what dink, we have 'pondered' this abomination of a book and do not agree with it

Have a nice day

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/14/2013 02:05AM by nsgallup.

Posted by: christian smithstian ( )
Date: March 14, 2013 02:25AM

Trolla-la-la-la-la-la-la-la

Date: March 14, 2013 02:27AM

That was the point ;)

It's fun being a troll

Posted by: rd4jesus ( )
Date: March 14, 2013 02:31AM

The Book of Mormon says that polygamy is an abomination yet D&C 132 says the Lord approves of it. Can you explain that?

Posted by: Cowardly lion ( )
Date: March 14, 2013 06:44AM

LOL!! Looks like you caught a wide mouth Bro.! I cant pass this up! First of all if you read church history its happened! Secondly Ive read the BoM 3 times and prayed...GOT NOTHING!! 3rd I read the scriptures daily (just like my patriarchal Blessing said) Mostly the bible. and while my problems didnt go away; I DID get closer to God. You know what the spirit said to me ? LEAVE THE CHURCH! THEY CANT HURT YOU ANYMORE IF YOU LEAVE THEM!! GO FIGURE!

Posted by: psychobabble ( )
Date: March 14, 2013 02:01AM

"god would never ask this"

yet he asked it of Joseph Smith?

Oh wait I forgot, history doesn't matter, right?

Date: March 14, 2013 02:07AM

Ahh but my young padawon, you forget that that was a 'different time'

You forget that god doesn't change but does change

Silly exmos

Posted by: psychobabble ( )
Date: March 14, 2013 02:15AM

"These are not the plural wives you're looking for"

*waves hand in front of face*

Date: March 14, 2013 02:16AM

LOL! XD
Sooo funny hahaha

Posted by: rd4jesus ( )
Date: March 14, 2013 02:27AM

I would succeed in doing what the mob in Kirtland attempted to do. I would castrate the mofo!

Posted by: QWE ( )
Date: March 14, 2013 05:22AM

I think a lot of members would do it tbh. Especially considering a lot of mormons believe the prophet is infallible (the church doesn't actually teach that he is, but a lot of members assume he is because the church hasn't told them he isn't).

Not to mention, family is a big part of the church. If you're related to the prophet, your social status within the church goes through the roof.

So I reckon a lot of TBMs would let Thomas S. Monson "marry" their 14 year-old daughter.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.