Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Carrots Tomatoes and Radishes ( )
Date: January 28, 2013 02:16AM

I am beginning to question whether or not my fiance's "TBM" mother is really a TBM. I have been to quite a few of their scripture readings and whatnot now and sometimes she will point out things that most Mormons would ignore and say "Hmm...that's weird. Oh well" and other comments along those lines. At first I thought she was just stating something but it's starting to feel like subliminal messaging. She also seems very uninterested in going to church (as I have attented some of her classes and heard her express disdain at going to church). I am beginning to wonder if she might have some alternative force driving her to go to church and she might be a closet ex-Mormon.

Sometimes I do not understand her at all and she seems to be trying to figure out her own thoughts. It could very well be that the reason she wouldn't want to say anything or leave is because EVERYONE else related to her is Mormon. Her family line was a HUGE part of the Mormon culture.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Mia ( )
Date: January 28, 2013 02:24AM

She may be like my sister. She does the same sort of thing, while remaining in the TBM camp. She has too much to lose if she leaves. That's the insidious nature of mormonism.

At the same time, she pushes temple marriage and mormonism on her kids.

Frankly, I think she's a new order mormon (NOM). She would never admit it though. She lives a life that others have chosen for her. She lets her truth out just enough to keep everyone confused.

Posted by: Carrots Tomatoes and Radishes ( )
Date: January 28, 2013 02:42AM

Yes, in fact, that sounds exactly like her!

Posted by: Suckafoo ( )
Date: January 28, 2013 04:18AM

Kind of like Pinocchio when he starts turning into a jackass. He looks like himself but every once in awhile in the middle of conversing he lets a "Heeeee Hawwwww" out.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/28/2013 04:18AM by suckafoo.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.