Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: goat ( )
Date: January 28, 2013 11:51AM

I moved with my family out of state a while back, I attented for a few months and then I quit and I've been slowly workin gmy way way out. According to my wife (who still attends) i'm out, I don't pay, I dont go I don't read. I feel like i'm still working out the psychological stuff of being dedicated to something that is suddenly taken away. Anyway, I've talked with my dad a little bit, he knows I don't go to church anymore but I don't think he knows i've removed my garments. I've not really told my whole family, just talked to my dad. I haven't said a word to my in-laws. I keep wondering if I just need to do it. We live far away so it's not ever been an issue. My wife is pregnant right now though, and questions will come up about the blessing. I'm kind of afraid to tell my inlaws, I don't really think my worst case would happen, but I am slightly concerned that my MIL would try to take my kids.

I feel like it might be enabling to just come out and stop worrying that i'll be found out, but at the same time I just don't want to be judged (which is one of the oppressive things that I realized was bothering me about the church to begin with).

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: The exmo formerly known as Br. Vreeland ( )
Date: January 28, 2013 12:22PM

I was a teenager and desperate to get out. Everyone knew it. If you're that worried they're going to find you out I'd just come out with it. Sooner or later they'll figure it out anyway and then you'll have to deal with the fallout, plus until then you're going to be stressed about it. I'm a rip the bandaid off kind of guy. I know it's easy for me to say but I say get it over with. I think those who really care for you will understand. At least that's what I hope.

Posted by: longhornpaul ( )
Date: January 28, 2013 12:38PM

Listen. It's not easy, especially with your believing wife and family. I went through 15 yrs of Mormon garbage until my wife saw the light about 4 months ago. Most important, do you and your wife have a good relationship? I guess what I'm trying to say is really, who cares what others think, if you and your wife are happy that's all that matters. Bottom line, live your life authentically and don't let others poison that. I would highly suggest you read this:

http://www.amazon.com/The-Four-Agreements-Practical-Personal/dp/1878424319/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1359394644&sr=8-1&keywords=the+four+agreements

The Four Agreements.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.