Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: toto ( )
Date: January 29, 2013 08:10PM

The morg's disciplinary system and subsequent member participation are abusive. According to categories on the Power and Control Wheel, I was abused while a member and then when I left. Some of the issues I suffered from:

Exclusion: controlling who people talk with, what people read, limit outside involvement (ex: in the morg I was told to read only approved church manuals and couldn't talk with those who were against the teachings of the lard; outside of the morg, I was isolated from those in the church because I was deemed evil)

Minimizing, denying, blaming: not taking the abuse seriously (ex: sister toto, you aren't being denied the priesthood, you just need to concern yourself with your motherly duties instead)

Social standing: treating someone like a servant, making all the big decisions, being the one to define all roles (ex: White male relatives on top and everyone else on the bottom listening to what they say and adoring them, too)

Power and Control Wheel: http://www.novabucks.org/images/Power_and_Control_Wheel_large.gif

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.