Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Jon ( )
Date: January 13, 2011 07:51AM

Can you spot the difference?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: geneticerror ( )
Date: January 13, 2011 10:45AM

Yes, it's even more boring than it was to begin with.

Posted by: The Motrix ( )
Date: January 13, 2011 11:14AM

But what is the MAD board? I've heard it mentioned here before.

Posted by: geneticerror ( )
Date: January 13, 2011 05:20PM

The Mormon Apologetics and Discussion (MAD).
It's new name is the Mormon Dialogue and Discussion (MDD, which is interestingly the same abbreviation for Major Depressive Disorder).

I wonder if the board went through the temple to get it's new name?

Posted by: SL Cabbie ( )
Date: January 13, 2011 05:27PM

http://www.mormondialogue.org/

Mormon Denial Dungeon?

Posted by: Raptor Jesus ( )
Date: January 13, 2011 05:32PM

And then, Joseph smith rolled a saving throw against Satan! Success, Joseph only sustained 2 damage.

Joseph then found the Papyri of Abraham granting him +5 discernment, and +2 charisma.

Posted by: Major Bidamon ( )
Date: January 14, 2011 04:05AM

...there he was going down the hall way ... he opened the door ... and found a Salamader monster. ha ha.

Posted by: utahmonomore ( )
Date: January 13, 2011 05:59PM

I looked at the MAD board, I like this one.rfm better!

Posted by: Finance Clerk ( )
Date: January 13, 2011 06:12PM

Oh my gosh...I looked at the first thread about the Hill Cumorah controversy. There are people pulling things out of their asses as "evidence" of one theory or the other. I just occured to me, grown adults REALLY believe this stuff and will defend it. Here is an expample:

"In my studies I have found that the hill in NY fits amazingly well. It was an area of last retreat. It was also an area that wasn't accessed very much in typical day to day operations in BoM times. It was an area of exceedingly great distance from the land of Bountiful and Zarahemla. In Nephite times it wasn't even discovered for hundreds of years. No 300 by 400 mile area is going to go unoticed for that long.

What many people do not know is that American antiquities researchers in the 1800's found the area of wetern NY to be the site of a great extermination of peoples- where an ancient civilization came to extinction by massive warfare. It was common in those early frontier days to plow up large masses of skeleton fragments many of which showed signs of warfare. Countless spearpoints and arrowheads were brought up from the earth. The massive scale upon which were found mounds and mounds of quickly deposited skeletins who had died in large battles. Many of the hundreds and hundreds of earthen defensive works were plowed away but many still exist.

We know through archeological excavations that the great lakes area was a place rich in ore and that the land was heavily mined thousands of years ago. The ore was worked and traded down the Ohio and Mississippi valleys and down into the Gulf of Mexico and central America. This was of course prime land for the Nephites to gather their people, have an unlimited supply of ore, massive water-way system for travel and trade."

Posted by: Raptor Jesus ( )
Date: January 13, 2011 06:20PM

How many orcs were there again at the end of the Book of Mormon to fight off the Riders of Rohan?

Posted by: SL Cabbie ( )
Date: January 14, 2011 03:35AM

They must be holding back to attract new posters...

What, somebody put up a sign "Meldrumites Welcome"?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/14/2011 03:36AM by SL Cabbie.

Posted by: Jon ( )
Date: January 13, 2011 05:38PM

My career as a challenger of Mormon theology on the board lasted less than a week. I am now banned.
I feel strangely proud of myself...

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.