Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Raptor Jesus ( )
Date: January 13, 2011 04:03PM

I love movies. Was nice to see you've done some reviews. That's very cool in the raptorjesus book o' coolness. Anytime you want to talk movies--I'm here.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: bignevermo ( )
Date: January 13, 2011 05:56PM

Posted by: Placebo ( )
Date: January 13, 2011 06:53PM

Sounds good.

I gave up reviewing movies to try and get in on the making them side of things. It's a tough industry to break into, but I'm making a go of it.

Posted by: Raptor Jesus ( )
Date: January 13, 2011 06:55PM

Some friends have been picking away at some projects. Do you mind if I ask what you're working on, and how it's going?

You can always email me too.

Posted by: Timothy ( )
Date: January 14, 2011 10:55AM

Its an industry that doesn't care about your background or education. The proof is in the pudding. Make good pudding and you're in. Keep making good pudding and you stay in. Its that simple.

George Lucas, for example, is a graduate of USC's Cinematic Arts program. He makes good pudding. Roger Ebert didn't like some of George's pudding, namely the original Stars Wars, but George didn't give a s**t because the pudding Roger didn't like made lots of paying customers, who are much less anal than Roger, very happy.

Steven Spielberg has no formal education whatsoever. He also makes good pudding. He was snubbed by the Academy for years because he makes the kind of pudding most pudding makers can't touch. Steve was once asked if being snubbed by the academy bothered him (this would be just after "Color Purple" was beat-out by "Out of Africa" for Best Picture). He replied "Nope. Can't recall the academy ever putting a dime in my pocket!" which just goes to show that the great pudding makers are, as all pudding makers should be, most concerned with pleasing the paying customers.

So make some good pudding, shop it to a distributor, let them put it in the grocery stores and see what happens. If you don't, you'll never know what would have happened if you did.

feel free to email me.

Timothy: Making good pudding since 1985.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.