Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Ex-CultMember ( )
Date: February 24, 2013 06:38PM

For those of you who have served missions in the last 10-15 years, what % of your investigators (or even inactives) that you taught ended up losing interest due to what they learned about Mormonism online?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: scuba ( )
Date: February 24, 2013 06:46PM

That I know of, only three. I was in Japan, though, so three is actually a pretty high percentage of people that I taught.

Posted by: nickname ( )
Date: February 24, 2013 07:15PM

I don't know of very many. None of the "investigators" I taught gave this as a reason. But most of times, if a person was going to stop taking the lessons, they would just break off all contact with us without giving us a reason. They'd just stop answering their door when we came by, and stop answering their phone when we called. So we never knew what, if anything, they had found out or whether they were just sick of it.

Posted by: baura ( )
Date: February 24, 2013 10:46PM

Not enough.

Posted by: Zip ( )
Date: February 24, 2013 11:17PM

Often people don't like to be offensive if a "difficult" issue has come up. My brother owned a restaurant and was surprised what people really thought about certain new dishes, but they were too polite to say anything. It took an outside consultant to get the truth out.

If you know someone who is into Scientology do you ask them embarrassing questions? Probably not. Investigators are likely to be the same way. So, the Missionaries don't get the feedback they need, and neither does the church.

Like the restaurant, people don't say much, they just don't come back for more.

Posted by: Ex-CultMember ( )
Date: February 27, 2013 03:28PM

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.