Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: forbiddencokedrinker ( )
Date: February 25, 2013 06:57PM

Only one piercing per ear, keep tattoos covered, or in the case of the church nonexistent, no flip flops, skirts must come down to the knees, men must wear white shirts and ties. These are corporate rules, or a modification of them.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: sparkyguru ( )
Date: February 25, 2013 07:17PM

no wonder I felt like an employee! damn they should have been paying me!

Posted by: crom ( )
Date: February 26, 2013 10:26AM

According to JSJ and BY our free agency doesn't include making decisions. We have two choices: sustain the leadership or be apostate. So we're not members really where people care what we think or have an input.

The top15 only change when confronted with a crisis that threatens their existence. Manifesto and blacks were forced upon them, they didn't do it because they were listening to its members.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/26/2013 10:27AM by crom.

Posted by: Heresy ( )
Date: February 25, 2013 07:26PM

I spent decades in the last century working a big corporation that required the men to wear white shirts, ties, suits, hair off the collar. It never occurred to them to ban tattoos and earrings because no one ever tried it.

Of course, they barely noticed how the women dressed. Until they got sued, women couldn't get promoted anyway.

I'd left the church, but every day I faced the same mindset over and over.

Posted by: forbiddencokedrinker ( )
Date: February 26, 2013 09:36AM

Women couldn't get promoted? Where have I heard that before?

Posted by: adoylelb ( )
Date: February 26, 2013 01:06PM

It really does sound like a corporate dress code, but the difference is that in many corporations, women can wear nice slacks or pantsuits to work, while in LDS, Inc. they have to wear dresses or skirts only when at corporate meetings.

Posted by: dogzilla ( )
Date: February 26, 2013 01:51PM

Yeah, but in most churches, women are allowed to wear nice dress pants or suits to church.

So the mormon church is just the stuffy bank of the corporate world -- the one that doesn't offer casual Fridays, if we're going to go with the metaphor.

Posted by: Doxi ( )
Date: February 26, 2013 01:57PM

I get to wear jeans to work every day!

Posted by: John_Lyle ( )
Date: February 27, 2013 12:05AM

Locally, it seems like only the older women wear dresses. Otherwise, it's long pants and cowboy boots.

Less than 50% of the men wear the white shirt/tie combination.

I, also, learned that, at least, 50% of the people who show up at the local SM come from the nearest city. This means 70 miles one way, over the continental divide, in rain, snow, ice, etc... They dress the same way...

I wonder if it is this way all over the state...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/27/2013 12:05AM by John_Lyle.

Posted by: spwdone ( )
Date: February 27, 2013 02:01AM

Free agency is all about doing whatever TSCC says. End of discussion (you know, when the prophet speaks and all that).

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.