Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: smoteheadofshiz ( )
Date: February 26, 2013 01:10PM

As far as I can recall, this is the only instance since the time of Joseph Smith that a Q12 Member has professed to actually have seen Jesus in the flesh. (Other than all the "Too Spiritual to Talk About" BS that doesn't count).

So quick recap: Wilford Woodruff is dying, Lorenzo Snow is shitting his pants that he might have to take over the reigns, he goes to pray in the temple asking that Wilford will live, and then JC appears to him and tells him everything's going to be hunky dory.

Now, if I am also recalling this correctly, we don't have any Snow quotes to back this story up, but he told his son or grandaughter or someone about it, and they came out and told everyone about it after his death.

So, my question is what do you all make of this story? Did Lorenzo's relatives just make it up? Did they embellish a spiritual experience Snow may have told them about? Was Snow just off his rocker? Was Snow intentionally lying?

The reason I'm asking is because one of the many reasons I came to the conclusion that the Morg is a crock was seeing the Brigham Young/George Albert Smith/Joseph F Smith quotes about them never seeing God personally. I, as most Mormons probably do, really believed that Gordo and Tommy boy were having weekly PPI's with the J Man- Even if they never said so. So when I saw all the damning evidence against these "Special Witnesses" not really seeing anything special, it was another gigantic nail in the coffin for me.

So, I'd really just like to be able to discredit this Mormon Myth anyway I can. All input is appreciated!

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.