Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: morgana ( )
Date: February 26, 2013 10:40PM

Every now and then I think it's time to put a new blade in the scraper and take off the old "NO on 8" sticker in the window by my door.

But after reading about Love Bombs and Project Rescue, I now feel it has had an effect on my home. Nobody bothers us at all. Not even the JW's.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: blueorchid ( )
Date: February 26, 2013 10:41PM

Yeah, it's every bit as good as lamb's blood over the door to keep the angel of death away. Ha.

Posted by: spwdone ( )
Date: February 26, 2013 10:41PM

Aw, I'd leave it. Badge of honor.

Posted by: goatsgotohell ( )
Date: February 26, 2013 11:23PM

We had TBM relatives that had their front door kicked in and some other minor vandalism. We always wondered if it was because of their "YES on 8" (they had one) bumper sticker or their front yard sign (not sure if they had one, but assume they did).

When I first joined I went to a stake dance with my sister who had a "Keep abortion safe and legal" bumper sticker. Whoa. That got some response!

Posted by: icedlatte ( )
Date: February 26, 2013 11:52PM

Hubby had his Obama '08 bumper sticker stolen while he was at a priesthood session at the stake center. He was so proud of that sticker and was pretty sad that someone took it!

Posted by: NormaRae ( )
Date: February 27, 2013 10:00AM

I love my "Women For Obama" sticker that is still on my car. But I do worry about these religious gun nuts, as I would if I still lived in Utah, who might think that a drive-by shooting is doing god's work. But it's still there.

Posted by: Fetal Deity ( )
Date: February 27, 2013 12:49AM

That reminds me of those stickers people put in their front windows stating that the premises are guarded by such-and-such electronic home security system for protection against burglars.

If it works, it works!

Posted by: Mia ( )
Date: February 27, 2013 12:55AM

One of these days that will be a valuable collectors item.

Posted by: mysid ( )
Date: February 27, 2013 11:29PM

Hubby's a Republican; I'm a Democrat. So no political advertising on our home.

My car is another matter, and given that you have to walk past my car to get to my front door, my newest bumper sticker may be effective missionary deterrent. My bumper sticker reads, "I Support Marriage EQUALITY".

Posted by: bordergirl ( )
Date: February 28, 2013 03:34AM

It was funny when the nice Republican lady came to our door and my husband said "No politics, but thank you for your involvement." She turned and looked at the Obama sign in our yard and, with the most confused look, said, "But you're a Republican, right?

Posted by: Quoth the Raven Nevermo ( )
Date: February 28, 2013 04:05AM

On the internet, I saw a sign that a homeowner had put up when their Obama sign was stolen. It said that everytime they steal it they will buy another one which will just give Obama more money (pre election, official sign). No one stole it after that.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.