Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: ava ( )
Date: February 28, 2013 08:53AM

Every time I think that mormonism is odd or wacky with its various rituals or clothing choices - the Catholic church shows that it's just as odd.

Evidently the retired pope will no longer wear red shoes all the time and now will wear brown shoes. Who knew? I can link to the npr story if needed.

It puts the whole white shirt thing into perspective...

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: February 28, 2013 09:40AM

On my mission in Italy in the late 1960s, the dollar was king and Italian clothing was inexpensive. Before the end of my mission I bought a couple of nice suits and colored shirts with those cutaway collars worn with fat ties, and the biggest item was a pair of supple read leather shoes. After changing planes in NYC, I put on one of the suits with a blue shirt and the red shoes and showed up in LA like that. People were impressed. I also wore the stuff when I did my speaking rounds with the high council. People looooved the red shoes.

Posted by: thingsithink ( )
Date: February 28, 2013 09:42AM

I thought it was noble of him to let go of the red shoes. He doesn't want to draw attention from the new pope.

I think he's crossing his fingers hoping the new pope will carry on the tradition.

Posted by: dot ( )
Date: February 28, 2013 01:47PM

where does the pope go if he clicks his heels together? Now he won't have that instant transport thing going on.

Sorry, red shoes make me think of Dorothy & the wizard of Oz...

Posted by: tacotio ( )
Date: February 28, 2013 01:52PM

please, people who willingly wore ( or wear ) the granny panties and mormon long underwear adorned with skidmarks shouldn't be pointing out what anyone else wears , LOL

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.