Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: twojedis ( )
Date: February 28, 2013 11:00AM

We got an email last night from our bishop letting us know that he was informed that the removal of our records is complete. This includes our youngest son, who is adopted and sealed to another family. We have yet to receive our letter, but this is great news!

Oddly it feels rather anti-climactic. Shouldn't there be fireworks going off somewhere? Someone should deliver a big check on my doorstep like Publisher's Clearing House, refunding my tithing money. Give me something! I'm just sitting here on my laptop thinking, well, hmmmmph.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: The Oncoming Storm - bc ( )
Date: February 28, 2013 11:02AM

You'll get a one paragraph letter in a couple days.

It is momentous.

It will be a rare experience of the Mormon church telling you the truth.

Date: February 28, 2013 11:17AM

The Mormon church tells the truth? Prove it.

Posted by: jacob ( )
Date: February 28, 2013 06:03PM

Au contraire. They will lie about the actual location of your records. The Mormon church doesn't tell the truth they obfuscate.

Posted by: dissonanceresolved ( )
Date: February 28, 2013 11:05AM

Huh. Faster results than we have had. Congrats!

Date: February 28, 2013 11:17AM

We emailed SLC, the bishop, SP, the whole ward, stake leadership, and every bishopric in the stake on February 16th. We left no stone unturned, and I'm sure they couldn't wait to get our records removed. We are part of the "Mormon untouchables". Bahahahaha!

Posted by: The Oncoming Storm - bc ( )
Date: February 28, 2013 11:21AM

It does help the process go faster when the bishop has already threatened to excommunicate you for not believing ;) - they tend to not try to dissuade you and just get the paperwork processed.

Posted by: Cali Sally ( )
Date: February 28, 2013 11:26AM

In case you couldn't hear it, a big YAHOO was shouted out in your behalf in California. I'd print out the email as that is legitimate proof that you are off their list (well, really just moved to a different list). Happy trails to you both and your son!

Posted by: Finally Free! ( )
Date: February 28, 2013 11:26AM

Congratulations! While there wasn't fanfare when we got our letter in the mail, there was a sense of closure.

Get a nice bottle of champagne and celebrate!

Posted by: karriew ( )
Date: February 28, 2013 11:44AM

Sithlord and two jedis. I hate to be the naysayer, but that letter might as well be used to wipe up a spilled drink. If you think TSCC has 'deleted' all your information, then you might as well as buy a ticket to the Irish Lottery. You may have more success with the Irish Lottery.

Somewhere, buried deep within some cave is all the information TSCC has on people. My b/f did some digging in his family history and discovered all the way back to his (add it five times) grandparents marriages were sealed, they were endowed and baptized for in the Washington D.C. temple back in the 1970's. How, pray tell, did TSCC get all that info. Because they are scurrying around the world, gathering records and doing all that 'dead dunking.'

Oh, you can sue. You may even win!!!!! So some judge may 'order' TSCC to 'remove your name from their databases." I am sure, somewhere ALL the info TSCC has collected on you is on a disc, backup drive, microfilm or just on plain old paper or being stored at someone's home. That home information is far from the grip of the TSCC and impervious to any 'court' order, and available to TSCC.

Posted by: stbleaving ( )
Date: February 28, 2013 12:11PM

Congrats! That definitely has to be some kind of speed record.

When my "you're out" letter finally came (several months after I resigned) I didn't feel a sense of celebration, either. Instead, looking at the letter gave me the same feeling I'd had when I got my college degree in the mail. The document represented the closing of a major chapter in my life and progression into a bigger, unknown world.

Posted by: saviorself ( )
Date: February 28, 2013 12:14PM

The ONLY way that you can have the tithing money in YOUR own bank account is IF you can find a time machine, travel back in time, and then exit the Mormon Cult at age 16. If you can find that then you can use it to help a million other exmos do the same thing. Good luck.

Posted by: rhgc ( )
Date: February 28, 2013 12:20PM

Congratulations on joining those saved from moism!

Posted by: rodolfo ( )
Date: February 28, 2013 12:53PM

Epic news! Triumphant!

Posted by: Dorothy ( )
Date: February 28, 2013 01:07PM

Super happy for you! One bit of warning, the letter will have the greeting, "Dear Brother____ or, Dear Sister____". Totally cheeses me off!

Posted by: peregrine ( )
Date: February 28, 2013 01:09PM

Congratulations!
I emailed mine on 12/31/2012, and they sent me the “…urge you to reconsider” letter on 1/4/2013.
So today is either the 60th day or the 55th day of my 60 “waiting period”, even though I waived that in my email.

Date: February 28, 2013 02:41PM

There's still time to reconsider. I mean, in light of the eternal consequences and all.

Posted by: scooter ( )
Date: February 28, 2013 05:44PM

just to be safe. I mean, you never know.

Posted by: AmIDarkNow? ( )
Date: February 28, 2013 03:49PM

Posted by: Bite Me ( )
Date: February 28, 2013 03:55PM

Frame it. It deserves a place of honor in your home.

Date: February 28, 2013 04:20PM

Maybe I should put it in the frame that used to hold The Proclamation.

Posted by: Bite Me ( )
Date: February 28, 2013 05:21PM

Perfect!

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: February 28, 2013 03:57PM

Posted by: vulcanrider ( )
Date: February 28, 2013 04:20PM

Great news! Having an amaretto sour for y'all tonight!

Date: February 28, 2013 04:21PM

I'm gonna have an amaretto sour this afternoon myself. Many glasses raised to happiness today!

Posted by: nonmo_1 ( )
Date: February 28, 2013 05:28PM

Just curious...

"This includes our youngest son, who is adopted and sealed to another family."

Why is your son sealed to another family?

Date: February 28, 2013 05:35PM

We adopted our 8 year old over two years ago from another family. They adopted him when he was two, from another country, along with two siblings, and chose to give them all up. It's a long story, but basically after they adopted the three, and with their own four, it was chaos. I can't see givin away a child after four years, but no matter. He's ours and doing great. I just didn't want the church hunting him down some day. We were right at the point of talking to the family about canceling the sealing in order to have him sealed to us when sithlord defected.

Date: February 28, 2013 05:41PM

Well..fwiw....since the mormon family gave him back or gave him up, I take that as a cancelled sealing.

-IF-....by chance the mormons look him up because he is on their "membership rolls", I hope you involve the police and social services fast to keep the mormons away from your legal child.....

Just because he is on their rolls and you are not (anymore), does not give that church or any church, the right to look up your son and try and bypass you as parents.

Just my 2 cents. Thx for the info

Date: February 28, 2013 05:49PM

I'm more worried about him as an adult, and being harassed. I want to make sure he's off.

I agree, they gave him away, they have no right to him at all. The asswipe church leadership tries to tell you it doesn't matter who he's sealed to. Bullshit, I say. It does matter.

Date: February 28, 2013 05:52PM

Ditto...couldn't agree more..

Posted by: hope ( )
Date: February 28, 2013 05:53PM

Congrats! I got an email out of the blue last week that a friend of mine, her sister, her husband, and daughter both figured out what a sham it all is! OMG!! I was elated, overjoyed and just made my day. This feels the same. The more out the better I say!! Keep em' coming. :)

Posted by: breedumyung ( )
Date: February 28, 2013 06:53PM

two j:

this is why I visit this site!

Congrats on cutting those marionette strings that were attached to the limbs all those years!!!

"A man has to believe in something; I believe I'll have another drink."

WC Fields

I'll tilt a Coors for ya right now!!!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.