Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: christian smithstian ( )
Date: February 28, 2013 04:58PM

I just remembered going to the Manti pageant a few years back and seeing all of the "anti" people holding their signs, preaching about the falsehoods of the church, etc.

Has anyone from the board ever been one of the sign holders?

Do you have any stories of getting into it with church members or the anti crowd you'd like to share?

I never paid too much attention to what they were saying, but I do remember thinking they were crazy, and a little upset they would be a such a spiritual place.. BARF!

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 02/28/2013 05:01PM by unmormon.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: me.. ( )
Date: February 28, 2013 05:42PM

I would not consider them anti as much as truthful

take a look:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LhzU4iXLxQ

the mo's were stunned at these young girls and ladies

The old saying "The truth Hurts"

Posted by: christian smithstian ( )
Date: February 28, 2013 06:08PM

You're right. I guess Anti in the eyes of the believers.

Posted by: notnewatthisanymore ( )
Date: February 28, 2013 06:18PM

me.. Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I would not consider them anti as much as
> truthful
>

One side's war heroes are the other side's war criminals.

Posted by: The Oncoming Storm - bc ( )
Date: February 28, 2013 06:36PM

I've seen some pretty major nut-cases at general conference.

The ones who get up on a stand and scream scriptures from the bible or just yell "Jesus, Jesus, I love Jesus" over and over are pretty whacked out.

Posted by: anoner ( )
Date: February 28, 2013 06:30PM

Just a FYI...

since that little showing the COJOLDS bought $$$ the PUBLIC street and easment that the public was able to access.
The entire road and entrance now is private and blocked off and owned by LD$... thats how you solve a problem when confronted by the truth.

take off your blinders tbm lurkers

Posted by: sparty ( )
Date: February 28, 2013 10:03PM

Personally, when I was TBM, I never took the street preachers seriously. I just sort of figured that they all stood around and screamed anti-Mormon scriptures...sort of like an anti-LDS version of the Westboro Baptist Church. I've never had any use for preachers like this, and still don't.

Now that I'm out, I have a special affection for the preachers who will present the facts (not just based on their interpretation of the Bible/love for JAAAAYYYYZUZ!) and let TBMs do their own research from there.

Posted by: nickname ( )
Date: March 01, 2013 12:45AM

In general, I think displays like this are kind of useless and just feed Mormon's persecution complex. However, with that said, I remember I once went to the "Hill Camorah" pageant, there in Palmyra, NY. I saw one sign in particular which stuck out to me. I don't remember the exact wording of it, but basically it just asked why no Hebrew DNA was present in Native Americans. That thought had never even entered my mind before. It bothered me, but I managed to force myself to ignore it. Years later, when I finally took down my shelf, this sign popped back into my face and demanded to be investigated.

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: March 01, 2013 01:18AM

I recently saw a clip on you tube showing Mormon families walking past vocal protestors. Watching the Mormon kids, all dressed up for 1955, bothered me more than anything else. Little boys and girls were shepherded past "evil" naysayers.

Four and five years old and you're taught outsiders are wicked and hateful. But the outsiders are former Mormons. They don't teach you that.

Never forget that Mormons create their own worst enemies.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/01/2013 01:20AM by donbagley.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.