Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: tinkansinar ( )
Date: February 28, 2013 07:14PM

I'm sure all of us have heard of the change that the church made to the age limit of missionaries, and I've certainly noticed that you guys don't like it. Good. I'm writing up a formal rebuttal to the policy that I will direct to the church and its members. In this paper I will show how this policy change was a bad move for the church to make. I will show how this change will not only affect the youth poorly, but will actually degrade their own mission program. I know it seems counterproductive to try and help the church fix a mistake that it made, especially given the fact that by suggesting that they fix it I will be helping them in a roundabout way. However, I do not wish to sit idly by as youth lose out on their future because they weren't given the chance to sort out what they truly want. So, I require some help. I've called church offices several times, but they can not help me. How can I get statistics about the missionary program and about the new policy change? I'm specifically looking for the number of missionaries that leave early and for what reasons. It's also a long shot, but I'm looking for the minutes of the meetings that decided to make these changes. I will continue to try the official channels, but I'm not holding out hope. Sources would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Stray Mutt ( )
Date: February 28, 2013 07:52PM

You seem to have reached a conclusion and now want data to support it. Good science gets the data first and then sees what it tells them.

Posted by: tinkansinar ( )
Date: February 28, 2013 08:11PM

Actually, I've been looking at data. Mostly just simple statistics, articles, and quotes. I guess I should clarify it a bit. I want 'official' statistics and documentation so I don't look like an ass writing a spur of the moment opinion page.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.