Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: goldenrule ( )
Date: January 14, 2011 11:23PM

Is really starting to get on my nerves. Maybe I'm just more sensitive to her comments as an exmo, but she proselytizes in a subtle way EVERY class. Like pushing her website "women who know" (effing gag me already) or her son who went to Mexico to serve a mission - segway into church talk. Stuff like that. No one says anything. I HATE hearing about the church particularly when I'm trying to exercise and clear my head.

So my gym is a city of mesa rec center so I'm guessing she shouldn't be talking about religion and politics right? I didn't attend her class for like a month after she made comments about SB 1070 that I found offensive.

Anyway, should I complain? The thing is, she's been teaching there for like 15 years and I've only been going there since August. And being in very conservative east mesa, I would venture to say most people probably agree with her religious and political views.

I'm just sick of hearing it. I know, I know I could just stop going to her class. But aside from all the Mormon talk I really like it and it's the only time during my day I can workout.

What I also find funny is that she recently started doing Peak 8 workouts in our class and endorsing this particular Dr. Today in class she was talking about how she researches everything and this Peak 8 stuff is legit and how important it is for people to confirm info they get blah, blah...

I just laughed to myself because this same person who prides herself in her research skills and gaining knowledge has her head buried so far in the sand when it comes to her religion.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: lostinutah ( )
Date: January 14, 2011 11:28PM

Quit going. The cognitive dissonance she's creating for you isn't worth it.

Posted by: goldenrule ( )
Date: January 14, 2011 11:35PM

She's not creating cog dis, she's just annoying me.

Posted by: jan ( )
Date: January 14, 2011 11:35PM

Uh, what are "Peak 8" workouts?

Posted by: Mrs. Estzerhaus ( )
Date: January 15, 2011 01:17AM

My coworker was a man, but women can be jerks too.

You can talk about how wonderful BRAND X coffee tastes, and bring in some research on how good it is for you. Research shows coffee opens up blood vessels in the brain and retards Alzheimers. Dark wine is good for the heart and a glass of wine in the evening is relaxing.

You can quote online articles on how dangerious it is for missionaries living in 3rd-World countries. How overpopulation hurts the Earth, or how irrational belief in god is. Get the idea? Any casual talking about subjects that disprove Mormonism are most desirable.

There is no reason this girl/woman should be able to preach without conquences. A couple of things are likely to happen with your instructor. Most imporantly, she'll brag less when she knows it's not getting the kind of response she craves.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.