Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: sparkyguru ( )
Date: March 10, 2013 06:35AM

All ye that believe in the fridge raise you hand to the chill! Soon the fridge will be the fastest growing this side of koolob

http://xkcd.com/1102/

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: psychobabble ( )
Date: March 10, 2013 07:19AM

Yea I verily believe in the sanctity of the fridge. Every time I go to extract a cool, frosty beer I take a moment of silence to give obeisance to it. Consider me converted.

Posted by: breedumyung ( )
Date: March 10, 2013 12:47PM

i approached lard kenmore with folded arms and in reverence...

he stood there until i gave in and unfolded an arm and grabbed him by the robe and pulled...

behold! the sacrament before me was amazing...

sorta like the bud light tv commercial

Date: March 10, 2013 09:42PM

note to be posted by magnet to the cool one as soon as received.

the has been much talk of the 'ice queen' while we believe in the ice queen we find it irreverent to venerate her and pray to her.

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: March 10, 2013 10:17PM

As the freezer is above, so is the fridge below. The higher kingdom has the frozen meat, the lower has the chilled milk.

Few are called to the higher kingdom, and many to the lower. Remember brothers and sisters, "many are cold, but few are frozen."

I beseech you to defrost often and with a contrite heart, that ye may serve the fridge with humidity.

In the name of Kenmore, even he of Sears, amen.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/10/2013 10:20PM by donbagley.

Posted by: ambivalent exmo ( )
Date: March 10, 2013 10:34PM

Applause!!

Date: March 11, 2013 10:13AM

I think Don should be one of the 12 popsicles, all who agree raise their cold drink to the square!!!

Date: March 11, 2013 03:44PM

ladies and gentlemen, it is clear that our cool brother Don has given himself to much thought and pondering if all things cool, one may call him a true student fridigarianism. A coolite of the highest degree. The great frozen one of koolob sees need for a council. The 12 frozen ones shall be heretofore know as the 12 popsicles.

let all ye become cool, defrost of the tainted and old crusties in thine homes and refreeze ye cool and clear ice. meats are chilled, drink is frosty and the harvest is ready to partake. let him that hath tounges taste,

thus saith the fridge

Posted by: notyersister ( )
Date: March 11, 2013 10:32AM

Oh Wise One,

Please grant us a few words on the blessings of tithing.

I am diligent in offering 10% of my earnings each month to the almighty fridge and I know I will never go hungry, but I have a friend who turns a deaf ear to my pleadings.

Am I casting pearl onions before swine which would be better kept for the Gibson Martinis?

Posted by: sanitationengineer ( )
Date: March 11, 2013 12:13PM

Shouldn't that be "casting the pearl onions before the cured swine"?

Posted by: notyersister ( )
Date: March 11, 2013 07:25PM

++

Posted by: SureSignOfTheNail ( )
Date: March 10, 2013 10:27PM

"many are cold, but few are frozen."

I just spit Coke out all over my monitor.

Posted by: Suckafoo ( )
Date: March 10, 2013 10:38PM

These are so fridgen' funny!

Posted by: altava ( )
Date: March 11, 2013 01:24AM

I'm about to die laughing here. I hurt from laughing.

Posted by: Lostmypassword ( )
Date: March 11, 2013 09:48PM

The automatic defroster delivers us from the icy hell. Those who believe in and trust the defroster will never again struggle with the pans of hot water and the ominous THUNK of the falling slab. Accept the grace of the defroster so you will be freed from the curse of the frozen fingers.

Posted by: justsayin ( )
Date: March 12, 2013 01:33AM

Many are cold, but few are frozen! hilarious! Sorry, Raptor Jesus, but you'll never compare to the First Church of the Fridgidaire!

Date: March 12, 2013 09:05AM

agggghhhh now I see how holy wars start!

just remember the only church approved weaponry are snowballs, we love the raptor, just like the whore of Babylon. we are no better than him and his followers! they just weren't as valiant in the defrosting from whence we were all melted to be cooked and tested. all are given an equal chance taste the ice and lick the frozen flag pole of truth!

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: March 12, 2013 09:51PM

Thou shalt not tempt the raptor, thy god. For thou art meat.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/12/2013 09:51PM by donbagley.

Date: March 13, 2013 10:48PM

and meat is kept in the fridge ;)

Posted by: DeludedAngel ( )
Date: March 12, 2013 09:24PM

My family and I have just recently been converted to the Church of the Fridge of Latter-Day Snackers by Sparkyguru himself. It was only yesterday but we felt an immediate affinity for the church because we live in Florida where coolness is very much worshiped. We are already raising our son to be a good member of this church, he routinely opens the fridge door and stands in front of it for no apparent reason... come to think of it we had a cat that would do the same only we had to open the door for him.

I am a little concerned because our fridge has the freezer on the bottom and I'm wondering if this is unnatural and an abomination because it is not oriented the same as other fridges. In spite of this I have great ambitions in this church and I am striving to be the first female Popsicle. Not for my own glory but for the glory of the fridge. I promise upon being made a popsicle to allow the wearing of whatever you want during your worship services to the fridge and the praying to the 'ice queen'.

Date: March 12, 2013 10:24PM

Converted = licked the frozen flag pole of truth and got your tongue stuck

Date: March 12, 2013 11:37PM

bahahaha

Posted by: psychobabble ( )
Date: March 13, 2013 06:21AM

@DeludedAngel:

The "orientation" of your fridge/freezer is different and therefore scary to me. As a result I will ridicule and persecute you and your unnatural ways. Then, after years of this, when society has evolved a different opinion about your upside-down situation, I will change my tune and accept you, claiming a revelation as the reason for it.

That is how things are done, isn't it?

Date: March 13, 2013 10:27PM

And thus we have the first sub-class of members in the Church of the Fridge of Latter-Day Snackers but this is as it should be. With out a sub-class we wouldn't have anyone to go fetch our drinks from the fridge. Also, the individual worth of the sub-class is to make everyone else feel more worthy for not having such an abominable fridge as mine.

Date: March 13, 2013 10:48PM

there is nothing wrong with your fridge, it simply wasn't as well made on the planet koolob before coming here. they day will come when it will be turned upside and thus be a pure fridge worthy of making ice for all!

Date: March 14, 2013 07:53PM

Hmmm... Isn't the Great Fridge of planet koolob perfect? If so, how does one so perfect make mistakes? Now, if you ask the little Fridgeron he would prefer to keep our fridge just as it is. In addition to standing in front of the open fridge in homage to it's coolness he also sneaks out ice cream treats from the freezer when I'm not looking. The fridge would not be able to answer the little one's prayers if the freezer was on top (he can't rely on me to give him ice cream treats).

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.