Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: wayne ( )
Date: March 11, 2013 10:17AM

I have excellent grades, a masters degree, but have been looking for a job now for 6 months.
A friend suggested I check with LDS employment.
Is this wise? Do they only take active Mormons? Will it only be active Mormon employers or can other companies use this service?
If you know anything about this, could you please enlighten me.
Thank you.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Anon for this one ( )
Date: March 11, 2013 10:30AM

Welcome to the club. You will make more money working fast food than you can for the great & mighty morgdom. There are other, less triggering places to work if you are that desperate.

I'm desperate. I have been working 3 part time jobs for a couple of years now. I am underemployed and vastly underpaid. I basically make minimum wage when you factor in the taxes I pay on my independant contract work, my fourth job. I graduated in 2011. Doesn't help that my breasts get in the way of me being considered a viable candidate in Utah.

Posted by: Observer ( )
Date: March 11, 2013 10:48AM

It is my experience that the lds employment service it is a good source to look for a job. Check the workforce services too. As far as the lds emp. The employers posting on it not necesarily look for mormons. It would be ilegal to use religion as a requisite for giving a position.
I have found two jobs at LDS emp. and none has been a job with TBMs.
Good luck!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.