Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: bluejeanbabyqueen ( )
Date: March 11, 2013 12:30PM

You guys are much smarter than I, and I am once again intrigued by the discussion.

Henry Bemis--> The key word here is “meaningless,” pointing out that it is mind that subscribes meaning to physical relationships, which otherwise are merely cause and effect events. Language and mathematics are human tools to ascribe such meaning. However, the physical relationships you describe, and particularly their mathematical relationships, exist independent of whether humans ascribe meaning to them. It is that which needs to be explained!

I echo Human's request here. I would be interested to hear you comment further on this comment you made in the previous thread:
http://exmormon.org/phorum/read.php?2,820376,820547#msg-820547

As I read your comments, and comments from Human, rational guy, and archytas, from that thread my mind forms questions I am not certain I can articulate. But it seems I am once again questioning the definition or description I thought I had formed of god.

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.