Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: notnewatthisanymore ( )
Date: March 11, 2013 01:53PM

I am getting relatively close to being able to drop Mormonism officially. I am currently debating whether to be quiet about it, or if I should try and make a stink before I leave. What would be the best way to get noticed for apostasy and get called in for a court of love?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: anoninnv ( )
Date: March 11, 2013 01:55PM

Not sure about the court of love thing, but...
If you just want to make an impression on the every day members, live a happy life. It'll drive them nuts.

Posted by: koriwhoremonger ( )
Date: March 11, 2013 02:01PM

If the bishop asks you to take a new calling: "no"

Then just let it hang there. No anger no apology just "no". When he starts to sputter you can suddenly remember some emergency and leave.

When the RS president asks if you did your visiting teaching: "no"

Can you say the opening prayer? "no"

We need you to help the Johnsons move..."no"

I wonder how long you could make that last.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/11/2013 02:02PM by koriwhoremonger.

Posted by: dazed11 ( )
Date: March 11, 2013 06:52PM

I love doing that. A high councilor and ward clerk came by before ward conference to get me to participate in the stake goals. I just told them flat out I did not want to help with any of the goals and I didn't act guilty at all for saying no so they didn't know what to do. When the missionaries came by to get to know me they seemed pretty surprised I was inactive and once they figured that out started throwing out the invites one after another. I just said no, no, no, no, no. Or when they text me to find out if I did my home teaching instead of not responding I always go ahead and write back, "No I did not complete any home teaching last month."

Posted by: goldenrule ( )
Date: March 12, 2013 01:08AM

I have to admit, this was very enjoyable to do before I left the church for good.

Posted by: mindlight ( )
Date: March 11, 2013 02:05PM

I have a higher calling
Jesus wants me somewhere else
Do you think Jesus wants me to serve free breakfast at an open congregation church or here on Easter?

hug hugs

Posted by: AmIDarkNow? ( )
Date: March 11, 2013 03:36PM

Give your un-testimoney in sacrement meeting. End it properly with "I know this church is un-true, in the name of Jesus, yes even jesus the christ, pause... (makes it more sincere)....amen.

Posted by: story100 ( )
Date: March 11, 2013 09:19PM

I dreamed of doing this . . . Never had the guts.

Posted by: Pooped ( )
Date: March 12, 2013 01:57AM

I wish I had gone up on Fast & Testimony just to say, "I don't believe. Good-bye" and then left the building. But I didn't.

Posted by: twojedis ( )
Date: March 11, 2013 03:49PM

All we did was let the bishop know we didn't believe, and invite our friends over to dinner. We also posted a few things on FB, quotes by the Dalai Lama, and the text of an email saying we were under the control of Satan, stuff like that. We became "too influential" and "disturbed others". That got us threatened with excommunication if we didn't resign. Maybe you could go super extreme and take two pieces of bread from the sacrament tray.

When we actually resigned last month, we emailed the entire ward, the stake leadership, and every bishopric in the stake. That caused a pretty good splash.

Posted by: Anonymous User ( )
Date: March 12, 2013 12:56AM

Hahaha just take a big handful of bread

Posted by: nickname ( )
Date: March 12, 2013 12:59AM

Just grab the whole tray and dump it in your mouth, so the bread pours all over your face! Ha ha ha! I'd pay good money to see the looks on TBM's faces!

Posted by: Anonymous User ( )
Date: March 12, 2013 01:01AM

And then the water tray, just throw it down the isle hahaha
That would be (as the mormon youth in my ward say) bassad

Date: March 12, 2013 01:27AM

LMAO!!

Posted by: rd4jesus ( )
Date: March 12, 2013 02:18AM

And do it with your left hand.

Posted by: Mia ( )
Date: March 11, 2013 06:41PM

Just leaving and never going back has rocked the boat considerably.

Yesterday we happened to be in a place where we could see the entire ward drive by on their way home from church. My husband (a well known button pusher) stood there and waved at them as they passed by. Not one single person waved back. These are people we've known for 10 years.

Date: March 11, 2013 06:43PM

Nice!! That would be awesome to sit on the main drag through town in our lawn chairs, some cold brewskis, on a nice sunny day, and wave. Priceless!

Date: March 11, 2013 08:00PM

We were at a flea market, having fun.

Posted by: Just Browsing ( )
Date: March 11, 2013 06:55PM

The quickest and most sure fire way to get excommunicated for Apostacy -is to chose subjects that the local leadership do not have a clue about --

Say you read the following discourses by Brigham Young

Adam -God Discourse
Plural Marriage Discourse
Negroes and the Priesthood Ban

AND THAT YOU BELIEVE ALL THREE DISCOURSES GIVEN BY A PROPHET OF GOD !!!

Jb

Posted by: moronijedi ( )
Date: March 12, 2013 12:06AM

Go up to the podium to give your testimony. Then let loose about all the bullshit. I wished I had the guts, but I just cashed out the day after I got released.

Posted by: builttospill ( )
Date: March 12, 2013 12:45AM

wear your temple clothes to church-

Date: March 12, 2013 01:12AM

There was a crazy lady in our ward that actually did this! She left off the veil and the green apron (the best part).She looked very strange in her ankle length white dress, and white shoes. It was obviously her temple dress that looked like a mumu made out of polyester. Her 32 yo daughter was mortified. It was F&T meeting. Of course she got up and bore her testimony of the temple. Made a complete fool of herself. She was oblivious to how silly she looked.

The next week the bishop gave a talk and told people to only wear temple appropriate attire to the temple. That lady went on a mission to Hawaii the next week. She probably offended every one she came in contact with. She was out to lunch big time.

Posted by: nevermoaz ( )
Date: March 12, 2013 02:12AM

Hmm....show up nuts and get a 'trip' to Hawaii. There may have been a method to her madness, ya know :-)

Posted by: forbiddencokedrinker ( )
Date: March 12, 2013 05:17AM

Show up to your last meeting, drinking starbucks.

Posted by: rhgc ( )
Date: March 12, 2013 09:25AM

Just told what I thought for an hour before the council. Perhaps it started some on the process of doubting.

Posted by: sparkyguru ( )
Date: March 12, 2013 10:11AM

speaking as a devout boat rocker, it depends on how you want to leave, do you want to flip everyone a big old birdy, or maybe sow some seeds that will help others stop being fooled?

I dreamed of the untestimony, literally, right in sacrament meeting, but I don't like people getting conned. thing is people don't like to admit being conned. from what I have learned is too direct of an approach is simply too much for most. better to let them 'feel' the spirt from you while knowing you apostate, let them keep that nugget on their shelf for a while.

but if blaze of glory is what you want, by all means do it in testimony meeting from the pulpit, just make sure it gets taped and pu on youtube you will get millions of hits

Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: March 12, 2013 12:37PM

Speaking of rocks, how about getting up to deliver a testimony with a big old-fashioned hat, then placing a rock in it and reading as if you are receiving revelation....?

Posted by: Rob ( )
Date: March 12, 2013 01:35PM

I think the testimony thing is the way to go. Get up and go on and on about all the stuff you believed, how important the church was in your life, the expectations that you'd be with your family forever, god of your own planet etc...

Then tearfully relate how you know that Joseph Smith lied. He was a conman and sent other men off on missions so he could sex up and marry their wives.

End with something to the effect of "...so sad that I wasted so many years following a lier...goodbye."

Posted by: notnewatthisanymore ( )
Date: March 12, 2013 01:45PM

These are all awesome ideas. I need to consider what's best, luckily I have two months to plan.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.