Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: March 11, 2013 10:09PM

Mormonism isn't (Wasn't Ever) /doesn't live Christianity.

christians are Loyal to the principles/values of the N.Testiment; Mormons Aren't.

case in point:

Divorce:

the marital relationship is of Primary Interest to Christians, at least those that (claim to) believe the family is

"The family is the most important unit in time and in eternity and as such, transcends every other interest in life." (Howard W. Hunter, Ensign - November 1994)

Bible, Book of Mormon: Christ says that divorce is only for adultery/fornication;
Bible says that a believer shouldn't leave an Unbeliever, should be reconciled -or- remain unmarried IF they do.
Old Testament says that God doesn't condone divorce, because it covers violence (ask mother of my 'our' kids about that one...

TSCC is ALL ABOUT LOYALTY to, AUTHORITY OF leaders; Christianity Isn't.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: dk ( )
Date: March 12, 2013 12:10AM

The church is passee. It's popularity has come and gone. It's not hip, it's not cool. And what does it do for its members? Nothing. It's a niche market at best.

How many people do you know that will be excited about the latest new fad, try it, give it up and move on to the next new thing?

Posted by: Dallin A. Chokes ( )
Date: March 12, 2013 12:28PM

This was one of the major sticking points for me on my mission:

"If this IS God's one and only true church on the face of the earth today, why in the hell doesn't ANYBODY want it?" Of course, part of my justification was that much of the world must have been far, far too evil to accept the "truth".

It still bothered me, though, and here I am today--not quite ex, but certainly thinking that way.

Posted by: baura ( )
Date: March 12, 2013 12:50PM

Elohim has a lot of explaining to do when his next performance review comes up.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.