Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: kolobian ( )
Date: March 12, 2013 04:03PM

I'm a human being, somewhere on the planet, minding my own business, when I'm approached by a salesman who gives me a sales pitch about becoming a rich man.

I tell him, I say, "how do I know you can make me rich? Are you rich?"

"Oh yes," he says, "very rich indeed." Then he proceeds to show me his bank account which has a whole lot of zeros in FRONT of the decimal place, which is exactly where you want the zeros to be if you're into buying stuff.

I tell him, I say, "what's in it for you? Why do you want to make me rich?"

He says, "Making you money will make me money, too. Ya dig?"

So I sign up, right? I pay my dues which is actually pretty expensive. It's more expensive that I counted on, actually. I had to borrow money from my folks. In return I got some t-shirts, dvds, and a hat. Also a promise that "if you got a problem, yo I'll solve it. Check out the hook while the deejay revolves it."

He talks like that a lot, actually. I wish he'd just talk normal.

I wish he'd talk at all. He's never once returned my phone calls, emails, texts, tweets, or facebook messages. I'm not making any money, but I keep getting billed for my membership dues, which I still have to pay even if I'm not making a profit.

This guy came to me! And he's got the nerve to take my money and not keep his promises? Is this an organization I should continue to be a part of?

Hmm...

I'm an intelligence, somewhere in the cosmos, minding my own business, when I'm approached by Elohim or one of his agents who gives me a sales pitch about becoming a god.

I tell him, I say, "how do I know you can make me a god? Are you a god?"

"Oh yes," he says, "very exalted indeed." Then he proceeds to show me his kingdom which has a whole lot of women BEHIND his throne, which is exactly where you want the women to be if you're into making babies with them.

I tell him, I say, "what's in it for you? Why do you want to make me a god?"

He says, "Making you a god will make me happy. Ya dig?"

So I sign up, right? I pay my dues which is actually pretty expensive. It's more expensive that I counted on, actually. I had to give up my sovereignty and agree not to remember who I am for a mortal lifetime. In return I get the body of a higher primate in the post-industrial age, some useless scriptures, and a baker's hat. Also a promise that "if you got a problem, yo I'll solve it. Check out the hook while the deejay revolves it."

He talks like that a lot in the scriptures, actually. I wish he'd just talk normal.

I wish he'd talk at all. He's never once answered my prayers. I'm not gaining mystical powers, but I keep getting billed for my membership dues, which I still have to pay even if his profit doesn't prophesy; even his his seers don't see; and even if his revelators don't reveal anything.

This guy came to me! And he's got the nerve to take my money and not keep his promises? Is this an organization I should continue to be a part of?

Hmm...

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Good Witch ( )
Date: March 12, 2013 04:40PM

Posted by: sherlock ( )
Date: March 12, 2013 04:56PM

"In return I get the body of a higher primate in the post-industrial age, some useless scriptures, and a baker's hat."

Snort!!

Posted by: carltoro ( )
Date: March 12, 2013 04:58PM

Don't laugh too hard, billions have been sold.

Posted by: Cowardly lion ( )
Date: March 13, 2013 03:36AM

LOL !! billions : )!

Posted by: tumbo ( )
Date: March 13, 2013 01:04AM

BWAHAHA HAHAHAHAH AHAHHHAHAHAH!

Posted by: Bobthetaxman ( )
Date: March 13, 2013 02:03AM

FANTASTIC! What a great analogy. Gotta remember this one.

SMILE

Posted by: yemenycrickets ( )
Date: March 14, 2013 12:10PM

Yes! The mormon god is a terrible businessman and we should all take our business elsewhere. Bravo! Or should I say businessalien?

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.