Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: rd4jesus ( )
Date: March 12, 2013 08:12PM

I'm curious what everyone's take on "17 Miracles" is. My mother-in-law is a descendant of the woman who's child died and miraculously came back to life. Did that stuff really happen? Is it just Mormon folklore? Or, are the faith promoting rumors? Just curious if anyone has more information on these.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: feelinglight ( )
Date: March 13, 2013 02:13PM

I have seen the movie. I think some of the stuff happened. But, I could not get out of my mind how cruel that trip was. Why were these people asked to do this at this time of the year?. I also read Devil's Gate - apparently a little more truthful than the Mormon story. It was a great book. And a lot of research came from a Mormon.

Posted by: nickname ( )
Date: March 13, 2013 02:20PM

Like all "miracles," none of them are verifiable or repeatable, so its up to the individual's "faith" whether they believe them or not.

Its a super sad movie. It makes me really angry at the Mormon church now that I look back at it. Mormonism's lies killed those people.

Posted by: bona dea ( )
Date: March 13, 2013 02:38PM

The child probably wasn't dead. It isn't like there were doctors and modern equipment available to determine if death had occured.

Posted by: nickname ( )
Date: March 13, 2013 02:44PM

Even modern doctors with all their equipment sometimes make mistakes about this. Reports of "premature burial" got so bad at one point that people started being buried in "safety coffins" with an air tube and bell to signal that the buried person was still alive. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Safety_coffin

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.