Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Seattleguy ( )
Date: March 12, 2013 08:43PM

Hi!

I've lurked here before but this is my first post. I was never a Mormon but moved to a small town when I was about 13 or so........ where the only BSA troop was a Mormon one.....it was not a fun experience for a young gay man. I never came out there and got away out as soon as I could. ( I did get my Eagle) However, it was much more involved project than what all the other kids had to do. My father insisted on it.

I'm writing this to let you all know that there is a survey that was given out to anyone on BSA lists regarding homosexuality and peoples feelings on it.

I hope everyone here that has been involved in scouting and can see the benefits of it becoming an open organization can participate. I dont have a link....it seems you had to be on the mailing list, but below is a link to a story from the WSJ about it.

Hope everyone is well this Tues.

BTW, I love all your stores and am glad that all of you have a place to heal and support one another. Also...darn glad my dad refused to let my mother drag my sister and I into Mormonism.

Take Care

http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2013/03/11/boy-scouts-of-america-distributes-survey-on-gay-ban/

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/12/2013 08:44PM by seattleguy.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: destiny ( )
Date: March 13, 2013 08:17AM

I'm confused. Is it about incorporating gays or pedophiles?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/13/2013 08:19AM by destiny.

Posted by: scooter ( )
Date: March 13, 2013 09:28AM

appear to assuage the folks in the inner mountain west by asking questions in a manner that evokes an "ick" factor.

but as I wrote in the book of face

"I also filled out the survey. Don't have your impression, because I think it's already fait accompli. They will reverse their decision entirely or opt for the local option. Obviously the questions about would you let a gay scout share a tent with a non gay scout plays to the "ick" factor of the inner Mountain west, but the number one instinct of any organization is to survive, and if you're drawing in a seven figure salary, you figure out a way to stay gainfully employed. It's obvious that the center isn't holding, and the greater society is moving away from this, so the scouts can choose to survive, or become some quaint relic like grandpa's white hood he still keeps in the trunk in the attic. I think they will choose survival."

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.