Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: lostinutah ( )
Date: January 15, 2011 05:27PM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/15/2011 05:27PM by lostinutah.

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: January 15, 2011 05:59PM

Have you ever seen one? :) I mean, of course they're fictional, but so are lots of other things people have "seen."

Posted by: Naomi ( )
Date: January 16, 2011 12:18AM

Come on, raptorjesus, you must have eaten a Bigfoot at some point. Did he taste like a descendant of Cain?

Posted by: Freevolved ( )
Date: January 15, 2011 05:31PM

Posted by: Whiskey_Tango ( )
Date: January 15, 2011 06:40PM

I wish they were true myself. I like the idea of some primate wandering through the Northwest cracking dear skulls like they were peanuts.

Date: January 15, 2011 06:44PM

Supposedly Weber had a big sighting once, a bunch of people in town saw one lurking around. Mass hysteria or were they being sinners and Cain came to scare them out of their apostasy (and steal pies from windowsills).

Posted by: JoD3:360 ( )
Date: January 15, 2011 06:47PM

“On the sad character Cain, an interesting story comes to us from Lycurgus A. Wilson’s book on the life of David W. Patten. From the book I quote an extract from a letter by Abraham O. Smoot giving his recollection of David Patten’s account of meeting “a very remarkable person who had represented himself as being Cain.’

‘As I was riding along the road on my mule I suddenly noticed a very strange personage walking beside me… His head was about even with my shoulders as I sat in my saddle. He wore no clothing, but was covered with hair. His skin was very dark. I asked him where he dwelt and he replied that he had no home, that he was a wanderer in the earth and traveled to and fro. He said he was a very miserable creature, that he had earnestly sought death during his sojourn upon the earth, but that he could not die, and his mission was to destroy the souls of men. About the time he expressed himself thus, I rebuked him in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by virtue of the holy priesthood, and commanded him to go hence, and he immediately departed out of my sight…” (Miracle of Forgiveness, Spencer W. Kimball, pg 127, 1969)

Date: January 15, 2011 07:13PM

Well, I guess that solves the mystery of whether or not Bigfoot has language.

Posted by: Nebularry ( )
Date: January 15, 2011 08:06PM

Cain wore a size 18 sneaker.

Posted by: anon ( )
Date: January 15, 2011 08:25PM

There might be something in common with bigfoot and the BofM.

Remember when CNN ran this?

http://edition.cnn.com/2008/US/08/21/bigfoot.hoax/

"the whole situation began as a joke and then got out of hand."

Maybe Joe Smith had the same thing happen. He made up a gold plates story as a joke and "It got legs and ran. It's crazy now".

Posted by: s1747302 ( )
Date: January 15, 2011 08:43PM

"I'm miserable..."

"I've tried to commit suicide many times..."

Meanwhile David Patten is thinking "Who is this man with very dark skin talking to me???"

"IN THE NAME OF JESUS CHRIST AND BY THE AUTHORITY OF THE MELCHIZEDEK PRIESTHOOD I REBUKE YOU"

The gent with dark skin seems polite. In addition to his misery he sounds quite lonely. I don't know why someone who has a mission to destroy the souls of man would be kept alive for more than six thousand years, inlcuding during the period when the world was flood and all the wicked were destroyed. That would seem like a good time to kill off Cain. But God's plan involves having THAT GUY alive.

David Patten could have done a great service if he had chatted with Cain and had been able to get him to open up about his psychological issues. He could have done some healing right there.

But his fear takes over.

"IN THE NAME OF JESUS CHRIST I CAST THEE OUT!"

I feel sorry for Bigfoot, really. Things got pretty out of hand after he mistakenly brought offerings of fruit and vegetables from his land, instead of an innocent lamb to burn for the Lord.
We all know if the item you're sacrificing isn't cute, cuddly and doesn't have a heartbeat, then it really is a slap in the face to our loving HF.

Cain decides he needs to go one up on the lamb and kill his own brother but we all know how that turned out now.

How about not being such an asshole god in the first place, God?

Date: January 15, 2011 08:50PM

Yeah, and now we hear stories of Bigfoot eating harmless wild pigs and scaring the bejeebers out of people by looking in their windows, and Patten could've prevented all that by being kind. What a jackass.

No wonder Bigfoot's so pissed now. Probably nothing would appease him at this point...well. maybe some pancakes.

Posted by: Major Bidamon ( )
Date: January 16, 2011 12:13AM

Patten was "messin with sasquatch" (hint: youtube it) ;)

Posted by: SusieQ#1 ( )
Date: January 15, 2011 09:37PM

As a convert, I was quite skeptical of these goofy stories!

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: January 16, 2011 12:27AM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/16/2011 12:28AM by Dave the Atheist.

Posted by: Don Bagley ( )
Date: January 16, 2011 01:16AM

Then there is the story of bigroot, who had a very large member. Was he a descendant of Cain? Perhaps he evolved from Australopithelmet. He invented the Pith Helmet, because he didn't have a pot to pith in.

Posted by: steve benson ( )
Date: January 16, 2011 05:02AM

http://exmormon.org/phorum/read.php?2,82698

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/16/2011 05:03AM by steve benson.

Posted by: ipseego ( )
Date: January 16, 2011 08:51AM

Anon wrote: Maybe Joe Smith had the same thing happen. He made up a gold plates story as a joke and "It got legs and ran. It's crazy now".

According to Peter Ingersoll, a neighbour of the Smith family, that is exactly what happened. Joe found some nice white sand in the forest, packed it in his coat and took it home. When the family asked what he had, he remembered a story of a Golden Bible supposedly found in Canada, so he said solemnly: It is the Gold Bible. Source: http://solomonspalding.com/docs/1834howf.htm , scroll to page 235 and following.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.