Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: CA girl ( )
Date: March 12, 2013 10:25PM

Think about it. You know how they always say "God hears your prayers but it's usually through another person that he answers them?" Well, maybe some Mormons ought to consider the fact that if they believe God can accomplish his purposes through them, why can't Satan? What would be a more effective way to put people off Mormonism than to have the Mormons behaving badly? And not in an obvious way like flying planes into buildings but in a subtle, creepy, think-they-are-helping, dishonest way.

Of course, I don't believe in Satan and wouldn't see him as being against Mormonism if I did but wouldn't it mess with Mormon minds if you put it that way?

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 03/12/2013 10:37PM by CA girl.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: sistersalamander ( )
Date: March 12, 2013 11:07PM

Love the idea. Too bad the TBMs would never get it. They're incapable of seeing themselves as behaving badly (or at least what the rest of the world sees as bad). Their sense of reality is so badly skewed that they think they are behaving well. They have no idea how they look to outsiders.

Of course, that makes them even better as tools of Stan...

Date: March 12, 2013 11:34PM

sistersalamander Wrote:
>
> Of course, that makes them even better as tools of
> Stan...

+ 1 million - excellent point.

Posted by: LalahRose ( )
Date: March 13, 2013 01:10AM

That is still thinking like a Mormon.Is it okay to say that? Thinking like a Mormon makes you see everything through LDS glasses, an LDS worldview and everything as it relates to and revolves around LDS culture.

Satan would never stir up men *against* Mormonism - in my humble opinion - and I'll tell you why.

Please forgive me for saying this and no offense is intended but I believe that Satan inspired JS to create Mormonism. To serve his evil plan of hurting human beings making them unhappy and leading them away from God. Seems to me the deeper you get into the church the further you get from God. The greatest lie is the one that contains the most truth.

Posted by: kolobian ( )
Date: March 13, 2013 01:18AM

Oh that sneaky Satan! LOL..

Question for you:

Did your god know what Satan would do before he ever created him n the first place? If yes, then Satan is only doing what your god created him to do, so it's your god's fault mormonism exists.

If not, then your god is pretty incompetent indeed.

And no offense taken. "Fairy tale exegesis" is commonplace on religious-themed forums :)

Date: March 13, 2013 03:39AM

Sometimes to make a point with someone, you have to put it into words they will understand. For example, not everyone on this board believes in God but active Mormons claim not only to believe in Him but that their entire lives revolve around pleasing him. Therefore, I think it's fair to hold them to that self-proclaimed ideal and discuss what they say are God's expectations for them in light of what their actual behavior is.

Same with Satan and the idea of Satan. Fear of him provokes many people (not just Mormons) to do crazy things. Because of this, it's OK to use their own beliefs to explain their behavior (or lack of it). Seeing things from a Mormon view or a more traditional Christian view or a Muslim view or an atheist view doesn't mean I believe in it. It's just discussing the matter in a way that makes sense to the person based on how they define themselves.

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: March 13, 2013 03:52AM

I was selected to play Satan in my Mormon family. It was said my shadow crawled across the ceiling and threatened my younger siblings in their cradles. Claw shapes, looming.

Brooding in the basement room, Black Sabbath on eight track, long hair, unfocused and unloved, I must have looked the part.

Posted by: jong1064 ( )
Date: March 13, 2013 12:03PM

Wow, that is a very powerful image. I feel sad for that kid, but I am enjoying the creative, intelligent humor of the compassionate adult you turned out to be.

Posted by: forbiddencokedrinker ( )
Date: March 13, 2013 05:14AM

It's a good analogy, but the problem is, Mormons would probably confuse which of their behavior was responsible for the stirring. To them, it would be all those Mormons not doing home teaching, love bombing, proselytizing, or talking down of others behaviors, who who would be giving them the bad name, when in reality, this is exactly the stuff that makes people not like Mormons.

Posted by: lucky ( )
Date: March 13, 2013 05:35AM

You are onto something

and IF anti MORmONS are people who LIE about MORmONISM and make things harder for MORmONS
then guess who the foremost anti MORmONS really are !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tp4ypvIBWiQ

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/13/2013 05:36AM by lucky.

Posted by: scooter ( )
Date: March 13, 2013 11:42AM

Keep calling him Satan and one of the days you're going to really piss him off.

Like California fault line pissed off.

He really doesn't like it.

Date: March 13, 2013 11:49AM

Oops - I don't want that. Sorry Stan. On the up side, I do think using actual Mormons to discredit Mormons is brilliant. Please put off any CA earthquake activity temporarily. And flooding and fires and mudslides ...

Posted by: scooter ( )
Date: March 13, 2013 12:05PM

I doubt if Stan is spending much time on this board right now.

I suspect he is with the Chicago Cubs building up their hopes for Spring Training, so he destroy their souls in the final weeks of September.

He mentioned he has a brilliant plan for 2013.

Posted by: sanitationengineer ( )
Date: March 13, 2013 01:43PM

Even Stan knows when the effort just won't yield any results and the 2013 Cubs aren't worth the effort as September is far far too optimistic. This from a 20+ year Cub fan.

Posted by: jong1064 ( )
Date: March 13, 2013 12:06PM

I thought God was the one causing the bad things in California. You know, to punish the evil gays and liberals. God and Stan are so confusing. It's almost like they're the same being. Hey, wait!

Posted by: kolobian ( )
Date: March 13, 2013 02:03PM

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.