Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Apples ( )
Date: March 13, 2013 11:30PM

The local news in Utah was reporting the percentage of the world population that is Catholic, Muslim, and then a combined Christian total. It was the perfect time to give the LSD percentage. I'm sure it was not reported because the percentage would have been tiny in comparison. Did anyone see a LDS number tallied up for the news watching audience.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Cali Sally ( )
Date: March 14, 2013 12:57AM

When I joined TSCC (converted) I was told that I was special because I was one of the few on the earth spiritual enough to recognize the truth of TSCC and Joseph Smith's testimony. I was told that Mormonism was a small group because so few people had the strength and perception to recognize the truth. So why, then, is it so important for Mormons to have growing membership numbers and be "Big"? I thought they were supposed to be peculiar and sort of exclusively wonderful and therefore a small group. It seems they should be reveling in their small numbers and their specialness.

Oh, yeah. IT'S ALL ABOUT THE MONEY ! ! !

Posted by: psychobabble ( )
Date: March 14, 2013 01:06AM

Yeah I was always confused by this growing up. Mormons love to play the "small and peculiar people" card. But then when they talk about the prophecies about the church growing and filling the whole earth ... what do they mean by that? Does that mean that it will go to every nation, but only be a small percentage of each nation's population, or what?

It's interesting how mormon's will simultaneously use the low percentage of world population argument, and also the 'millions and millions' and 'fastest growing' argument to support their claims of the church being true

Posted by: druid ( )
Date: March 14, 2013 01:17AM

If we are generous and say 7 million people consider themselves Mormon and the world population is 7 billion. Only one in a thousand people are Mormon.

The Church could disappear tomorrow and few would even notice on the world wide stage.

Numbers are lost on the Borg- Being ego centric they feel the world revolves around them.

Posted by: Outcast ( )
Date: March 14, 2013 01:23AM

One mainstream denomination, the United Methodist Church is bigger and it doesn't tell people it's the "one twoooo church"...

Maybe the UMC appeals to people who simply want to be Christian? You know, love God and love your neighbor...

http://www.umc.org/site/apps/nlnet/content3.aspx?c=lwL4KnN1LtH&b=2789393&ct=9135453

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.