Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: gentlestrength ( )
Date: March 14, 2013 03:46AM

Please share your expertise on parents that go n Mormn missions, I guess they get to choose where and for how long.

I changed the header and subject, this was the original. I did know about the spoof SP, but didn't see his name, so shared with comment. The comments following the blog spoof are priceless too.

http://stakepresident.blogspot.com/2011/09/agony-and-despair-of-having-son-not.html

This is a blog from an SP. I think it's genuine. my favorite Bruce R. McConkie quote from Mormn Doctrine.

This is an evil cult and I have almost no ability to have compassion for members and apologists including family. This is a belief system that people choose, accept, and can challenge, but often embrace. They embrace a cult, that reflects on them.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/14/2013 04:12AM by gentlestrength.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: SureSignOfTheNail ( )
Date: March 14, 2013 03:57AM

You realize that President Paternoster's blog, while it lasted, was satire - do you not?

Albeit the most biting type of satire possible. It made TBMs go hmmm while it was running, as I see it may have caught you off guard as well.

BTW President Paternoster expired at the end of last year during the women's "wear pants to church" day. He couldn't bear seeing so many of the women come in wearing pants, and collapsed of a heart attack right up there on the dais.

RIP President Paternoster....

Posted by: gentlestrength ( )
Date: March 14, 2013 04:04AM

I didn't see his name on the blog--I was wondering if it was him. The comments have my favorite McConkie quote though, maybe it was someone who wasn't in the know.

Posted by: fineline ( )
Date: March 14, 2013 04:09AM

I love President paternoster!

Posted by: Infinite Dreams ( )
Date: March 14, 2013 04:19AM

They went on their mission in the late '70s, when they were in their mid-60s. They couldn't have gone at a worse time. There were all kinds of bad family trouble going on at the time, & we needed them here. I know that if my mom had begged them to come home, they wouldn't of though.

Posted by: Infinite Dreams ( )
Date: March 14, 2013 04:21AM

Posted by: Bamboozled ( )
Date: March 14, 2013 11:31AM

They had no choice as to where they were sent.

They told their children that we would all be blessed beyond our wildest imaginations while they were gone.

In reality our family is falling apart. Grandchildren messing up their lives, major financial problems for all of us, etc.

I, even though i'm an RM myself, find myself resenting that the twilight years of my parents will be spent in servitude of a corporate church and not with their grandchildren.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.