Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Rick's wife ( )
Date: March 14, 2013 02:05PM

I'm finally going to resign from the church. I heard you can now e-mail. Is this correct information? Is it still better to mail the resignation? Where do I send the e-mail?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: peregrine ( )
Date: March 14, 2013 02:08PM

msr-confrec@ldschurch.org

I got a confrimation that they read the email about a week later and then 60 days after that my final "your records have been removed" letter.

Congrads.

Posted by: crom ( )
Date: March 14, 2013 02:10PM

http://www.exmormon.org/remove.htm

For the instructions use the link. It took me four days from e-mail to confirmation letter in the mailbox.

Posted by: rd4jesus ( )
Date: March 14, 2013 02:14PM

I sent an email to my Stake Pres and Bishop, but I would also recommend you send a notarized letter, via certified mail, to Member Records in SLC. SLC will refer it back to your Bishop and SP, so I think contacting them directly would expedite it. Just my opinion.

Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: March 14, 2013 02:33PM

The main one is that if you get the address slightly wrong, it will still get delivered. Email has no sense of humor about address typos or errors.

And there's a certain satisfaction to affixing your signature to a real piece of paper.

Certified mail is a complete waste of time and money IMHO. Notarized signature may save you from being contacted, but doesn't seem to make much difference. You can get it done for free at your bank. Emails can't be notarized, so anyone resigning via email doesn't really care that their resignation lacks a notarized signature. I agree. Notarizing is not that important.

Posted by: kabbima ( )
Date: March 14, 2013 03:58PM

I used the email address that peregrine wrote. I sent the email on March 8th and received a letter of acknowledgment in the mail on the 13th. I would try the email and if that doesn't work go certified mail, but like I said we got a very quick response. Now we are stuck waiting for their "process" before we will get the paperwork saying we have been officially removed.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.