Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: twojedis ( )
Date: March 14, 2013 02:14PM

Sithlord still has not received his "you are out" letter from the church. In case you don't know the back story, our family (me, sithlord, our 12 and 8 yo sons) resigned on February 16th via email. We emailed the whole ward, the stake leadership, and every bishopric in the stake. We heard back from our bishop on the 17th that he processed the paperwork, and would hand it off to the SP the next day. My 12 yo and I received letters on Feb 28th, dated Feb 25th, that we were out. Sithlord never got his letter. :( Poor little Mormon.

Our youngest son is adopted, and had been sealed to the family that originally adopted him from overseas. I also wanted to ensure that his records are removed from the family he came from.

I phoned them this morning, and spoke to a very pleasant woman who told me that I needed to follow up with our bishop and he could check on it for us. I thanked her and hung up with her. Within a few minutes, I was thinking, "That's total bullshit!" Why should we have to follow up with our bishop, and waste his time and ours. I already phoned member services and they should be able to take care of it. I'm not jumping through any more Mormon hierarchical hoops.

I phoned back and spoke with a pleasant man named Jose. He was very helpful, and confirmed, indeed that all of our names had been removed. I didn't even tell him that I had already spoken to someone this morning, he helped me as soon as I offered the same explanation I had to the woman I spoke to first. He put me on hold after confirming our removal, so he could speak to the department that handles the mailing out of the letters, to see what happened to sithlord's letter. The call got cut off while I was on hold, and Jose called me back. Kudos to Jose, too bad he's Mormon. Jose also checked to make sure they didn't accidentally resign our oldest son, who has the same first and last name as my husband.

If you call SLC, just remember that you don't have to accept the answer they give you. Either call back, or ask to speak to someone else until you are satisfied.

All in all, it was a productive morning.

And sithlord is out. So is shitlord.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Mormoney ( )
Date: March 14, 2013 02:24PM

This Jose guy probably recognizes that it's the apostates that are keeping him busy and thus employed. If people stopped resigning, he just might be out of a job ;)

Glad shitlord is out too now LOL. Still, the piece of paper will be nice.

You guys really went out in spectacular fashion!!! Love it!

Posted by: citizen not logged in ( )
Date: March 14, 2013 02:29PM

Strangely, once I got past the gate keepers, everyone in that department handling my resignation was very friendly, helpful, and went above and beyond in most ways. They even sent two letters because I didn't receive the first one (USPS problem, not the COB's). They almost persaudeth me to be a Mormon...

Posted by: Originalmaggie ( )
Date: March 14, 2013 02:32PM

Way to go! One more piece settled. I think as long as you face all the upcoming issues with as much determination and straightforwardness as you have in the past, you will be just fine. Very nice to meet you and hub.

Date: March 14, 2013 02:36PM

It was great to meet you too! Send me an email, I have a question for you.

Posted by: imaworkinonit ( )
Date: March 14, 2013 02:33PM

If the first person doesn't resolve the problem, the next time you call, ask for someone who can (or even ask for a supervisor).

Congrats!

Posted by: icedlatte ( )
Date: March 14, 2013 03:00PM

Yay! DH got his "out" letter a full month before I got mine in the mail, even though we resigned in the same letter together. Strangely, both our letters had the same date on them, but were postmarked almost a month apart.

Date: March 14, 2013 03:04PM

Guess it takes a lot of time to fold all of them up and stuff the envelopes. I wonder how many reams of paper they use in a day to print these letters.

Posted by: vulcanrider ( )
Date: March 14, 2013 03:08PM

Calls for Ameretto Sours! Cheers!

Date: March 14, 2013 03:58PM

Oh yes, amaretto sours tonight!!

Posted by: icedlatte ( )
Date: March 14, 2013 11:50PM

oooh my fav!

Date: March 15, 2013 12:43AM

I tried my first one when jong1064 came to town and we met for drinks. Yummo!

Posted by: jong1064 ( )
Date: March 15, 2013 01:11AM

Cheers!

Date: March 15, 2013 02:01AM

And I forgot to mention how much fun it was meeting you too!

Posted by: kimball ( )
Date: March 14, 2013 03:14PM

Jose wins my mormon of the week award.

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: March 14, 2013 03:40PM

Posted by: shannon ( )
Date: March 14, 2013 04:23PM

I've got kids adopted from overseas. Legal adoption paperwork trumps any "eternal sealing" in some imaginary Disney fairy- tale castle.

BTW I referenced my Russian daughter Sasha in another one of your threads, about how over-the-top love bombing put her in a psych ward. Well that was my breaking point. I decided to resign and take all my kids with me. The local Bish made me jump through incredible hoops to do it He kicked back my resignation letter, and said that the church needed all of my MINOR childrens' signatures before he would process their name removals.

Sasha was in the psych hospital at the time courtesy of Mormon stalking, so we just forged her signature. Ooops! I guess she's not *really* out. Neener neener neener Bishop B.

;o)

Date: March 14, 2013 05:02PM

Jose said he's been removed, but who knows for sure. I would like to have it in writing. As a matter of fact, I'm going to insist on getting it in writing.

Posted by: Makurosu ( )
Date: March 14, 2013 05:04PM

They tried to waffle out of sending me a letter too. I told them that if *I* had to send a letter then so did they. I ended up getting two letters. lol

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: March 15, 2013 02:13AM

when talking about resigs, TSCC is -only- doing it to avoid legal probs / embarrasing press.

IDK that they're obligated to send a confirming ltr, as "nice" as it is to receive one.

Posted by: destiny ( )
Date: March 15, 2013 10:20AM

...you'd get Kathy Worthington on the case and voila, problem solved. I'd been through the mill with them by the time I e-mailed Kathy. She gave me the name and number of someone at member services, it wasn't bro. Dodge and I wish I had kept the guy's name, and told me to tell him that Kathy had told me he would help me. It was like magic. Five minutes from the time I said the words "Kathy Worthington" to his saying "your letter is in the mail."

Miss that woman to pieces.

Posted by: Bamboozled ( )
Date: March 15, 2013 10:49AM

but they are probably really nice because from their point of view they are just moving your file from one computer system into another.

So you are still in the Morg computer and probably still being included in the membership count.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.