Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: cajunruby ( )
Date: March 14, 2013 08:30PM

Its been a long time so I am wondering if they still teach this. Also since I was so young i only heard this once or twice so is this something they teach more to the guys?

I have a tbm friend who will adamantly deny this exists so just wondering if she just wont admit it or if she really is ignorant. Of course the ignorant part wouldn't suprise me.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: canadianfriend ( )
Date: March 14, 2013 08:49PM

Just put in right in front of her face. D and C 132:20.

"Then shall they be gods".

Not "like God". Then shall they BE gods.

She'll just close the book and deny it.

Posted by: Carol Y. ( )
Date: March 14, 2013 08:55PM

Date: March 14, 2013 09:02PM

I haven't owned a bom in 18 years . Its more of a fb thing, someone asked me if that was true and I said yes as crazy as it sounds. Now the tbm friend is accusing me of making fun if her religion and most mormons don't believe that anymore, and how its not taught in church anymore.

Yeah right. I figured it was still taught and believed but was just curious. Im not trying to change her but its my opinion if their beliefs are bat shit crazy. She just dosent like the truth being out there I suspect.

Date: March 14, 2013 09:06PM

She uses this every time anyone asks me a question about mormons, since she hates the very "negative" light I place on her beliefs. Negative replacing truthful.

Posted by: merkin ( )
Date: March 14, 2013 11:08PM

I find it ridiculous when people deny they teach this doctrine. Isn't this the whole basis of Mormonism?? Without the "you can be Gods" crap, Mormonism is just another wacky Christian sect. Growing up in the church, this was always the doctrine that set them apart from everyone else and made them special! If you can't be a god, then what is the point of the temple??
They are trying to deny to the world their wacky beliefs, but the whole religion revolves around this stuff. Drives me crazy when someone tries to deny this!

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: March 14, 2013 11:14PM

* becoming a God is the whole purpose / object of "Eternal Progression".

* EVERYTHING in - about Mormonism is being diluted, Dumbed-down. EVERY.THING.

Posted by: breedumyung ( )
Date: March 14, 2013 11:28PM

This just in from my TBM brother (when I asked him if he had any cracks in his testimoney) :

"To my knowledge, Joseph Smith is the only religionist in history that claims that God Himself has proclaimed that as His children, it is our destiny to become as He is. Mormons are constantly criticized for saying that it is our destiny to be Gods. To be honest, if it is anything LESS than that, then God has to be a pathetic creation of man's imagination and nothing more than a superstitious crutch invented to explain away natural occurances and give power to the clergy over mankind."

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.