Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Dallin A. Chokes ( )
Date: March 15, 2013 03:11PM

Someone mentioned in another thread that much Anti-Mormon material produced by other christian churches is poor and lacking.

What if we put our heads together to create and distribute pro-truth material to distribute to those christian churches as cannon fodder to TSCC?

(I get it--ex-mo-ism is not really a movement, etc. We probably don't have the resources, time, or inclination to do something like that).

But, certainly, after people see actual TRUTH (or research it) Anti-Mormon/Pro-Truth material would be just that much more difficult to dismiss!

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: March 15, 2013 03:12PM

Original thread criticizing poor anti-mormon material:

http://exmormon.org/phorum/read.php?2,825819

Posted by: dogeatdog ( )
Date: March 15, 2013 04:11PM

I really think this is a great idea. Here's why.......as someone who converted, I had read some material against TSCC before I converted. The problem with this is that I read some really outrageous stuff that I knew to be untrue because my husband was LDS and so was his family. It actually made me think that all material against TSCC really was just crazy 'anti-Mormon' stuff, with little or no merit. What actually made me realize the absurdity of TSCC was reading about real issues, like on FMH and Wheat & Tares and then eventually mormonthink.
I can completely see how this would be quite helpful.

Date: March 15, 2013 05:55PM

Bump to the top before leaving work for the day...

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: March 15, 2013 06:37PM

But my Mormon experiences really were crazy. How can I make them sound sane, but misdirected? It wasn't like that. It really was insane.

Posted by: dogeatdog ( )
Date: March 16, 2013 10:22AM

Well, you'll have that too... :)

Posted by: memyself ( )
Date: March 16, 2013 03:19PM

I think its a great idea..for someone who can do a fact based non emotional presentation...My experiences were so crazy..I sound like a crazy person unless I am sharing with another ex-mo :(

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.