Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: ReeditNweap ( )
Date: March 15, 2013 08:55PM

I posted this quote previously under the thread, "Theory" but decided to let it have its own thread;

Actually, probably a lot of people think that perhaps Joseph occupied himself with more than just spiritual matters when he went out to the forest to get some space from family. It's actually hard to NOT get that impression when reading Joseph's own narrative from LDS website, http://rsc.byu.edu/archived/joseph-smith-prophet-man/11-joseph-smith%E2%80%99s-athletic-nature

On one occasion while preaching to a Church assembly, the prophet shared a story in which he explained to his listeners why he was such as active, sportive seer. The story went as follows:

A certain prophet. . . .was sitting under the shade of a tree amusing himself in some way, when a hunter came along with his bow and arrow, and reproved him. The prophet asked him if he kept his bow strung up all the time. The hunter answered that he did not. The prophet asked why, and he said it would lose its elasticity if he did. The prophet said that it was just so with his mind, he did not want it strung up all the time. (“Recollections of the Prophet Joseph Smith” 472)

AMUSING himself in "some way" that draws immediate reproof from the first passerby? Whatever could good old Joe have been doing to "amuse" himself, he has left us to only wonder. well, whatever he did to amuse himself, we know it certainly helped maintain his elasticity. No high strung prophets needed.

Remember, these are HIS words. Amusing himself under a tree. Puhleeze!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: sonoma ( )
Date: March 15, 2013 09:39PM

Posted by: jl ( )
Date: March 15, 2013 10:34PM

LMAO....

LOL LOL LOL LOL....

So, is it safe to say that this proves one can be a masturbator and a prophet at the same time?

If so..then...

Kimball was dead wrong when he said what he said in "Especially for YOung Men."

Packer is dead wrong about masturbation, too...LOL

Posted by: spwdone ( )
Date: March 15, 2013 10:37PM

Well, I don't think there can be any argument about Joseph's sex drive. It was obviously pretty intense. His divinely inspired desire for sex could only be satisfied with young girls and the wives of other men. What a stalwart guy (heavy sarcasm, in case it wasn't apparent).

Posted by: PapaKen ( )
Date: March 15, 2013 10:48PM

Which one of the GAs do you think, from JS to Tom Monson, did NOT ever masturbate?

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: March 15, 2013 10:49PM

If only the bishop had asked me, "Do you amuse yourself?" I might not be writing here right now.

Posted by: jl ( )
Date: March 15, 2013 11:22PM

LMFAO.....x 100000000

I am literally having a stomachache because of this thread...LOL LOL LOL

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.