Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: freckles ( )
Date: March 15, 2013 11:04PM

So while doing my normal truth searching about TSCC, I found a video and book written by someone who had left the church, who I knew as a child. I didn't remember much about them but enough to recognize the face years and years later. Sure enough I contacted him and he remembered my parents. Turns out that he and his wife actually lived in my ward/stake. (no longer) I had no idea. I was very busy taking care of 4 children, and often not at church because we were helping my mom and my husband's mom. He sent me a copy of his book. It's so weird reading about his experiences with people I know of. I know this probably happens more often with people in the morridor but I'm out on the east coast and there aren't many of exmos or closet unbelievers, that I know of.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: spwdone ( )
Date: March 15, 2013 11:16PM

It is amazing. Once you start you find people close who are totally disillusioned.

Smart people figure it out.

Posted by: Tupperwhere ( )
Date: March 15, 2013 11:25PM

that's really cool. I hope to find some family and friends on here someday but we'll see.

Posted by: Carol Y. ( )
Date: March 16, 2013 07:18AM

Posted by: freckles ( )
Date: March 16, 2013 12:00PM

Nope, MD

Posted by: karin ( )
Date: March 16, 2013 12:39PM

Yup, i found 2 people here on rfm who were from my childhood ward in Ontario. Other googling found a 3rd who had posted his exit story on another missionary-type site-can't remember the name of it. These stories also helped my sister out, as we got to see the 'sunday' view of these families and then as adults read the 'real' view of what was going on!

Hi! to thefirstFreeAtLast and 6iron!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/16/2013 12:41PM by karin.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.