Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: March 15, 2013 11:40PM

They take care of their own and try to make everyone their own living or dead?

Nothing says I care about your soul like hassling you to join a cult, offer you "work for us for food" programs if you join because you are starving, and if you don't join we will assimilate the only thing left of you in the world - your vital statistics.

This seems about as logical as a man who made billions in a system tell us this system sucks.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/03/14/bill-gates-capitalism_n_2876916.html?

I find it hard to believe. If the worth of a soul is great, then to me it doesn't matter if that soul is registered with your great book of reservations to Heaven. If a system (Capitalism) is largely a part of how you made a fortune yet it doesn't conform to your ideals and ideas of charity, humanity, and responsibility where were these when you were not a billionaire but just a millionaire? Where is the logic of forcing "souls" into your system to consider them not "great" but worth helping?

At what point does having a soul make this worth helping other souls change a system or help others outside of your system if you have billions of dollars?

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.