Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: cricket ( )
Date: March 16, 2013 12:19PM

No kidding, do you know of any other church with so many presidents?

President of the church
Acting President of the Quorum of the Twelve
Relief Society President
Primary President
Sunday School President
Stake President
Area President
Mission President
Etc Etc

If at next general conference Monson asked everyone to stand up who is currently "president" of something or has ever been president of something within the church to stand up, almost everyone would stand up.

What's with this?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: sonoma ( )
Date: March 16, 2013 12:23PM

you can call him "President" Romney and no one can get on your case for mocking him!

Posted by: Gazelam ( )
Date: March 17, 2013 08:26AM

Lol, I thought of this one as well. My last area in my mission was a small branch, and I found it humorous that every man present was a 'president' of some sort, and half the women as well. The three members of the branch presidency all were addressed as president,as were the EQ presidency, etc. etc.

Interesting to read the origin of this title. If the church is truly a restoration, why do they rely so heavily on a title and concept that came out of the 17th and 18th century?...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/President_%28title%29

Posted by: citizen not logged in ( )
Date: March 16, 2013 12:37PM

Ever heard of the Perpetual Education Fund?

The Church is the Perpetual President Fund. Where do you think they get the funds?

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: March 16, 2013 12:39PM

That's why TSCC concocted the 12th article of faith.

Posted by: misterzelph ( )
Date: March 17, 2013 12:47PM

Don't forget that almost all of these "president"s counsellors are also addressed as "president". That would almost triple the number.

Posted by: Just browsing ( )
Date: March 17, 2013 01:00PM

SUBSTITUE PRESIDENTS FOR MANAGERS !!!

In the real business world, in order to attract employees, companies word their job vacancies as follows

Assistant Managers
Trainee Managers
Associate Managers

WHY ???

To give people a sense of importance, while keeping their wages low, while expecting them to sweat blood for little money for the company !!

So it is with any organization. Give a person a title and their chest is puffed up with pride. Yet if you analyze the actual position and the requirements, then you realize that the position is given so that those under them can pay homage to the position. Thus perpetuating the multi-level management myth.

Corporate Lingo at it's best !!!!

JB

Posted by: sam ( )
Date: March 17, 2013 01:08PM

President of EQ, SP, etc., have keys and rights to special revelation. I think it is an authority thing where TBM's are conditioned that these people in authority have special rights, inspiration, favored of the Lord, etc. It is a sin not to sustain them (and obey them)

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.