Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Dorothy ( )
Date: March 16, 2013 06:06PM

Some thoughts on why I had zero interest in exploring mainstream Christianity when I left mo-ism. First--always--God was a Mormon. Everyone else was wrong. Only the Mormons had it right. Then I figured out God was one scary, horrid, monster. I read the Bible cover to cover, like a novel. What a shmuck! He was petty, and needy, vengeful and mean. I quit praying. Why would I ask God for anything? He was worse than my earthly father. Tell him my problems?...I was sure they were all my fault. My TBM friend pushed like crazy for me to go back to the temple. So I did the scripture prayer thing for the first time in years as an active Mormon. It was as pointless and fruitless as I remembered. Persevering, I tried until I finally said, “Ya know what God? I’ve done my part. If you’re all that, then I need to feel something.” Nothing. Well, I guess that’s what I’ve suspected all along.

I think Joe Smith got the answer he claimed in to—all the churches are bunk. So, he decided that being a closeted atheist didn’t pay very well. Being the author of a church that he created to suit his every whim was much more rewarding. He knew all the churches were about power and money. Now I know it too.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Kaitlyn ( )
Date: March 16, 2013 06:30PM

A real god would not be the author of such overwhelming confusion about its intentions, much less its very existence. This is the best and most convincing evidence that if there is a god out there, it has nothing to do with our lives on this planet.

Posted by: Dorothy ( )
Date: March 16, 2013 08:32PM

How true. From day one, I couldn't understand why god would care about tea or underwear. Doesn't he have better things to do?

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: March 17, 2013 12:55AM

Good writers know how to withold information, but seriously, the Mormon God goes way, way too far.

If the Bible and The BoM are God's words, He needs to go back and pick up his GED. It's okay, we can wait. The universe turns without outside interference.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/17/2013 12:56AM by donbagley.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.