Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: anonamomo ( )
Date: March 16, 2013 06:29PM

I have been such a disapointment to my wife concerning Moizm.
My wife is so wrapped up into the church that here very happiness on a day to day basis has to involve the church in some way or she feels guilt and failure.
I'm not sure if there is a afterlife but I'd sure like to meet up with her if there is one and see her without the noose of mormon guilt hanging around her neck. I would like to see the look on her face when she realizes the wasted time and effort she put into the tscc and the unnattainable requirements put on her. I'm afraid any hope of knowing the fraud in this life is out of her grasp.
If there is a after-life do you think she will be pissed ?

just an observation..

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Dorothy ( )
Date: March 16, 2013 06:54PM

So sorry the morg has such a hold on her brain. I was there. If the after-life is Mormon, God should be ashamed. What a lousy deal. It took me way too long to think my way out.

Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: March 16, 2013 07:29PM

Of course, in Mormon eyes, the entire earthly existence is a 7,000 year sprint to the finish line, followed by Eternal Lifeā„¢, so the fact that LDS Inc is sucking the joy out of this life hardly matters.

What a scam.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/16/2013 07:32PM by Brother Of Jerry.

Posted by: honestone ( )
Date: March 16, 2013 07:35PM

I say go for a good life while on this earth. She will be miserable in the afterlife as well. She will still be critical of you, right? You I assume are not as worthy as her. I would never play those games with any spouse. They can go do that with another judgemental person.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/16/2013 07:35PM by honestone.

Posted by: paintinginthewin ( )
Date: March 16, 2013 07:35PM

oh yeah if she thinks she's going to be assigned wife number 20,392 to some prophet somewhere for eternity & you're going to be a ministering angel unlike her trapped in her eternal hell! NOT!

I think I'd be pissed. the whole mormon afterlife breeder wife concept spirtually concreting a concept of single male to multiple female like petal to center of a flower blossom- may work concretely in nature (but thats the thing nature earth life is concrete you can feel it you can touch it)
JEEZE can't someone develop abstraction- to plan or imagine-
being to IMAGINE an afterlife?

does it have to be concrete like planning breeding on a dairy?
Seriously? Couldn't someone do better than this?

oh, they have. Just somewhere else.

No I think she's going to be upset with you. I'd just change the subject.

some OTHER people think, that whatever you die imagining to be true or real you manifest or create in your spiritual imagination, after you're dead, being some sort of reflective tape with prisms of some sort that thinks- and self generates whatever was fed in their mind like a tape a projector screen- sending out their own film memories into a new non physical place you make yourself.

see if you can convince her to run another tape before she dies. If she could just stop believing that stupid one that sets her up eternally, it'd be nice.

Posted by: Stray Mutt ( )
Date: March 16, 2013 07:45PM

(I'm talking about the actual flesh and bones human who sort of raised me.) He was pissed off that heaven wasn't like the LDS heaven he had worked so hard to get into. He had wasted so much of his life.

Posted by: Paint ( )
Date: March 16, 2013 10:13PM

If i was still Lds I would be totally pissed if things weren't the way I had been taught! I worked so hard at it! THe funny thing is , mormon heaven seemed like a lot of work! I had a hard time working for something I wasn't really looking forward too. Yet, I still did it.

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: March 17, 2013 12:49AM

My Liahona with the curse of Cain says "Outlook not so good."

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.