Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: utchick33 ( )
Date: March 16, 2013 11:06PM

So at work the other day, a coworker of mine was discussing if she should go to Europe. She SAID, OUT LOUD:::: "Well, I have been praying about it and still haven't received an answer. I keep thinking that maybe the money will be used for something more important down the road..." (she is waiting for a missionary of course).

Holy hell. Seriously. Does she pray about whether or not to take a dump or hold it in? Holy fuck.

On a side note, I was love-bombed the other day in my mailbox by a woman whose ward I Was in before I came to the realization that the religion I'd had such a strong belief in for 32 years was full of shit. She spoke to me twice or so in the past 5 years, yet mails me a letter saying that God wanted me to come back to church and blaming my husband for my lack of wanting to go. NICE. You don't know me, bitch. LOL. I wanted to write a letter back, but frankly, it'd just be rude to her. Better to leave it alone I guess... but I wanted to punch a wall all night thinking about it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/17/2013 03:46AM by Susan I/S.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: scooter ( )
Date: March 16, 2013 11:28PM

Posted by: CA girl ( )
Date: March 16, 2013 11:34PM

Send that woman in your ward a letter back saying you understand her concern for your spiritual life because you are feeling the same concern for her, trapped in a cult. Tell her you have enclosed a list of questions about Mormonism to get her thinking and when she realizes it's all a fraud, you will be there for her to talk to. Tell her to contact you any time she wants more information about the true nature of the church and that you realize she might have to disguise her pleas for help in a letter bearing her testimony about Mormonism. If you get another letter bearing her testimony, you'll take that as a sign she wants to know more about what a slut Joseph Smith was.

Posted by: cajunruby ( )
Date: March 16, 2013 11:35PM

Posted by: spwdone ( )
Date: March 17, 2013 02:47AM

Absolutely perfect, CA Girl! Love it!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.