Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: saviorjoe ( )
Date: January 16, 2011 11:19AM

about the historicity of Jesus that turned into an argument about evolution. It was mainly me against 3 Mormons. I wouldn't say I won, cause can you ever really win? But I made my point and one of the Mormons in the group said, "Well, I just feel sorry for people like you if he really is, cause we'll see at judgment and yadayada." I got the comment today from her that I'm anti....anti, well, not nice to be around. I don't personally care and I am proud that I repel Mormons. I love throwing the wrench in their wheels. She even had the audacity to say that humans were perhaps first and that perhaps monkeys were made as an offshoot from us. ???????? Backwards evolution? Only to a Mormon....

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Greyfort ( )
Date: January 16, 2011 11:30AM

If I so much as mention Evolution, my two closest friends simply say, "Well, don't even bother going there, because I don't believe in it and I never will, so there's no discussing it.

Posted by: lostinutah ( )
Date: January 16, 2011 11:49AM

If a person is truly open-minded and will watch this all the way through, it will change their life forever.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=efpjE_wg_1M

Prominent paleontologist Donald Prothero talking about evolution and how the intelligent designers are whackos. He backs everything he says with scientific fact, hard to argue. Fascinating.

Posted by: anon123 ( )
Date: January 16, 2011 02:20PM

I wish youtube wasn't blocked on this laptop. :(
__
| |
| |
| |
| |
| |
\ /
School laptop

Posted by: SusieQ#1 ( )
Date: January 16, 2011 01:33PM

firm in their beliefs and much of it is very polarized.
People with like thinking tend to stick together.
Just my experience, but few people in general conversation deal with scientific facts to any extent, and when it comes to faith based beliefs, they don't apply. They are like oil and water. Don't mix!
Not much point in discussions or debate unless people can agree with a starting point and definitions.

Posted by: JoD3:360 ( )
Date: January 16, 2011 01:40PM

Yeah, I'm a bad person...

Posted by: saviorjoe ( )
Date: January 16, 2011 03:22PM

Evolution aside, I think that it was more fun telling them that I thought that Jesus was a carefully crafted con, made up from the wise minds of sages. I was being jovial about it and joking somewhat, but that is actually what I think.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.