Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: almostthere ( )
Date: March 17, 2013 12:18PM

Where in the book does it talk about wives submitting to their husbands?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: almostthere ( )
Date: March 17, 2013 12:40PM

Oh, and are there other things I should look for in it?

Posted by: markrichards ( )
Date: March 17, 2013 12:40PM

Well, the "first" Pope (the Vicar of Christ on earth) said that. I did not have time to google it, I think it is in 1st Peter. That being said, here is my libertarian and Calvinist take.

Husbands are to love their wives; which is in Ephesian. Once again, I am running late, no time to google.

I went into my first, and only marriage, to a TBM (so was I at the time), with the belief that marriage was a partnership. My parents were my best roll model. They sat together at the kitchen table and talked and shared. My Dad did not 'dictate' what was to be done by Mom. Now with me....that was a different story!

Dad's chair was not higher than Mom's. I have seen that in TBM houses, or maybe the Dad's chair had arms or the Dad's chair 'looked' more comfy than Mom's. Just look at a re-run of "All in the family." I never watched it when it was a new show, and I can barely stand it as a re-run. The Bunker's seating arrangement looked soooooooo moRon, as I remember it.

When I was newly married, we had no furniture, I purchased two chairs for the front room; both alike. "Friends" would come over and ask, "Where does "X" sit?" I said, "Right there next to me." They would say, "Well, her chair is not any better than yours."

What, I was supposed to go to a second hand store and buy my wife a tattered piece while I had the nice Lane chair?

Yup, Molly Mormon needs to be 'submissive' have a less comfortable chair.

Posted by: paintinginthewin ( )
Date: March 17, 2013 12:41PM

it said that in the temple ceremony

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.