Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Paint ( )
Date: March 18, 2013 09:50PM

It's about time someone knocked some sense into a stupid moron who thinks their religion is above the law!!

This is short and worth it!!

www.sltrib.com/sltrib/blogsfaithblog/56025559-180/thompson-pay-tithing-court.html.csp

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/19/2013 12:20AM by luvcake.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Paint ( )
Date: March 19, 2013 12:21AM

Heresy Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/blogsfaithblog/560255
> 59-180/thompson-pay-tithing-court.html.csp
>
> That left a smile on my face!

Thanks for fixing the link. I'm computer challenged. Cut and paste you say...If it was only that easy for me....

Posted by: mia ( )
Date: March 19, 2013 12:36AM

Try this:
Click on FILE. (on the bar at the top of your screen)
Then click on EDIT (next to the file on top of your screen)Click on CUT.

Go back in into RFM
Go to the place on RFM that you want to insert the link. Make sure your cursor is where you want it to show up. Then click on PASTE.

Your link should magically appear. Practice this a few times.

I have an Macbook pro, and this system has worked for me. Hopefully it will also work for you. My computer literate kids had to show me how to do this.

Good luck. Practice, practice. This is a good place to do this, as I think most people will be patient, and helpful if you can't figure it out. There are people here who know more about computers than I will ever know.

Posted by: Suckafoo ( )
Date: March 19, 2013 01:00AM

Here's the PDF. This is fascinating.
http://www.kwtaxresolution.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/TAX-COURT-HOLDS-RULES-ON-TITHING-EXPENSE.pdf

"Taxpayer's arguments. Thompson essentially argued that his religious obligation to tithe trumped his obligation to pay delinquent taxes and penalties in a “reasonably prompt manner,” and that the settlement officer abused her discretion by classifying this expense as “conditional.” He claimed that, given his positions in the Church, tithing was required by the IRM to be treated as a necessary expense, and that classifying his tithing as conditional violated his rights under the Free Exercise Clause of the First Amendment and the Religious Freedom Restoration Act of '93 (RFRA). He produced a letter from the Church which essentially stated that he would have to resign his positions with the Church if he stopped tithing."

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/19/2013 01:07AM by suckafoo.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.